• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoenas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kenzkaya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am considering defending myself in a domestic assault case against me. In doing so, I need to file a subpoena to get the alleged victims phone records from that time frame. What is the process in doing that? The court has not been able to point me in the right direction.

Also, if I have witnesses that are willing to show up on their own, is it necessary to subpoena them?

Hoping someone can educate me here! Thanks

Kenzkaya

Have only asked them where the resources are so that I can learn for myself. I went to their website but there was nothing there. I have since emailed them and asked specifically where I could locate the court procedures information. I am hoping to get a response from them. What is #2?

Silverplum

Have only asked them where the resources are so that I can learn for myself. I went to their website but there was nothing there. I have since emailed them and asked specifically where I could locate the court procedures information. I am hoping to get a response from them. What is #2?
You don't get it.

The court employees are, by law, not allowed to help you file, tell you the laws, or anything.

Google is your friend. Not the court employee.

Kenzkaya

Seniorjudge-

Thanks for the advice. That website looks like it has everything I will need. Had a tough time with Google on this one! Again, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">