• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue the sheriff and the neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zero18

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

Hello,
About 2.5 months ago I was arrested on a made up charge by my neighbors. The States Attorney dismissed the charges and the restraining order was dropped by voluntary dismissal after the first day of the restraining order hearing.

My neighbor changed his entire story in court from what was stated on the sworn statement in the complaint.
He also lied on the restraining order application statement which the judge actually yelled at him about.

Long story short of the events before this:
Called police several times about my neighbors actions, threats, and coming into my yard.
Sheriff told me not to call again to complain and waste his time or I would be arrested.
Called his probation officer and made a complaint. (supervised felony probation)
Shortly after he filed the false complaint.

He threatened and was abusive to several friends visiting my home several times.
7 witnesses total.

1 week before the hearing, my neighbor assaulted his girlfriend in front of her kids. (I have video of it). I called the sheriffs office. The same sheriff that got the warrant for my arrest responded. My neighbor fled the scene before they got there. The sheriff didn’t even file a report.

My neighbor also made other false reports and we were never questioned or had knowledge of the reports until recently.

The sheriff also used to live across the street from me and his little brother and my son did not get along.

This has caused me to lose a job because it showed up on my record.

Now this guy is giving the finger to my son while he is in the car pickup line at school.

I am looking for an attorney to handle my case against the sheriff’s department and filing charges against my neighbor.

Please contact me or leave your number if you handle these kind of cases.

Thank you

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Dude, a real attorney will not be lurking on these boards, contacting posters. And would you really trust someone lurking on a board looking for clients? :eek:

There's a 'Find An Attorney' link somewhere on this page. Click it and see. Or you can ask a question and see if you really have anything or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">