• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suicide attempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

modad33

they dont share details i have no idea if anything has happened. and i dont want to wait til something does happen. I have him half the week. he is there til friday.

Proserpina

they dont share details i have no idea if anything has happened. and i dont want to wait til something does happen. I have him half the week. he is there til friday.

Dad, the consensus seems to be that you don't have enough to get temporary custody at the moment.

Involving CPS will be pointless - your ex's psychiatrist is a mandated reporter who, if s/he genuinely thought the child was at risk, would have contacted CPS themselves.

The fact that they didn't is another point in Mom's favor.

modad33

we returned him to her fathers house where she resides last night. We found out yesterday mid-day. we will just contact child services and see where it goes from there.

BL

Shes mentally unstable as her physiatrist said. so i dont know what she is capable of. IF she would hurt him or not. but there is a risk.
They would not have released her if she presented a " danger " to herself or others .Therefor stable enough to be released.

CJane

we returned him to her fathers house where she resides last night. We found out yesterday mid-day. we will just contact child services and see where it goes from there.
We?

Social Services will have to investigate within 72 hours. But honestly, if Mom is under the care of a psychiatrist, following her medication regimen, and living with family members who assist in caring for the child AND you have the child half the week... honestly, you're spitting into the wind.

mistoffolees

We?

Social Services will have to investigate within 72 hours. But honestly, if Mom is under the care of a psychiatrist, following her medication regimen, and living with family members who assist in caring for the child AND you have the child half the week... honestly, you're spitting into the wind.
I think so, too. HOWEVER, one thing that wasn't suggested. Have you tried talking to Mom? If you explain that you know she's under a lot of stress and you'd be happy to watch the child any time she's feeling stressed or needs a break, you would probably have a better chance than going through the court and "OMG, he's trying to take my child away from me".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">