• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervised visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rvela

What is the name of your state? Texas, Harris co.

Can any one tell me anything about supervised visitation?
for example, will both parents be there? and...
Who is usually "supervising" the visitation?
(is it the other parent or is there some on appointed from the court?)
Also, if anyone has dealt with supervised visitation, could you share with me your expierences? How long does it usually last?
thanks.

snostar

It can be the other parent, family member, friend, or a court appointed supervisor. If the parties do not agree the judge will decide.

As to how long it lasts, that is different for every case.

Rvela

Will the judge take into consideration, that the family members do not get along at all?

If the judge does decide do they have people who do that sort of thing? (so that it is not a family member who ends up doing it, trust me when I say, it is not of ANYONES best intrest if a family member, on either side, were to do it)

(I know that sounds horrible but it is the truth of the matter)

M

monnickasmommy

bro in law had supervised visitation

Also, if anyone has dealt with supervised visitation, could you share with me your expierences?
my bro-in-law had supervised visitiaion and when he did they had it with the bio mom - she stated that he needed it because he and my sister had NEVER cared for an infant and she was nursing and could not be away from the child, therefore the courts ended up giving her the supervised visitation. when he had the vistitation she did NOT ever leave the room as ordered, the whole time he had the visitation it felt like a waste of time. He could not have the father/daughter bond that they needed to get due to the mom having to spend all of her time in the same room with him. :eek:
the supervised visitation is really not needed unless there is a problem with the other party EX: drugs, violence, abuse ect,....

Rvela

monnickasmommy, or to all.....

What doyou think in a case where there was only one incident where a spanking witha belt was given and the childs behavior is unruly?
And the CPS investigation has not yet been completed.

M

monnickasmommy

Spare the Rod (belt) spoil the child - If she needed a spanken for unruly behavor she deserved it - If you dont do "spank" them now what is going to happen at 10-18 years old ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">