• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support/divorce/visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bernard

Hi I just wanted to say that I am glad to see fathers get custody of there child(ren). But the one problem I have is why is it so hard for me to custody of my kids.My ex-wife lives in Louisiana and I live in Virginia,but the thing is that I haven't seen my kids for almost a 1 1/2. The last time I saw them was for court in April 00', and I only them for only 3hrs then,but I was there for 2days.We both chose to move from the place where we got the divorce from.But I was supposed to get my kids for the summer and didnt I was planning on meeting herin Atlanta for a half way point,but she wanted me to fly all the way to New Orleans for the kids.I told her that I could not afford it being that the state is taking 705.00 a month for support.I have 3 kids but I only make about 10.19 hr but she makes about 8.50 an hr so why am I paying so much in support when I cant even see my kids.But when I was there in Louisiana she still would not let me see them being that we have joint custody of the kids. I have been divorce for about 3yrs now. But I also have a 14month old,but the courts did not take her in consideration either. i know that I can put her in contempt of court but also can I ask the judge to make her pay for my atty fees and court cost? And what are my chances of me getting custody of my kids knowing how much I love and want to be with them? Very desperate in VA.Please let me know what I can do to try to gain custody of my kids,but so far I have been trying to keep up with the phone conversations.So far I have been documenting all the phone call for that 1 1/2 is this a good thing for me to do and even record them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">