• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tables were turned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GAMERGIRL

Here's some advice that might help you.

Request a copy of the warrant from the arresting agency (the police who picked your husband up) or the court that issued the warrant. On the warrant it should have information (like court case number) pertaining to what case the warrant was issued for. Then go get the information from the court were this case came from. THEN read that throughly and you should understand EXACTLY why they issued the warrant. THEN come back to this free advice board and tell us what you found.

I hope you husband gets out soon.

AS for Seniorjudge who said warrants don't expire.... they may not, but the underlying charges can and often are dropped by the prosecutor after a long time has passed and nothing has happened in moving the case forward (IF of course they are not serious/felony charges)

outonbail

GAMERGIRL

Here's some advice that might help you.

Request a copy of the warrant from the arresting agency (the police who picked your husband up) or the court that issued the warrant. On the warrant it should have information (like court case number) pertaining to what case the warrant was issued for. Then go get the information from the court were this case came from. THEN read that throughly and you should understand EXACTLY why they issued the warrant. THEN come back to this free advice board and tell us what you found.

I hope you husband gets out soon.

AS for Seniorjudge who said warrants don't expire.... they may not, but the underlying charges can and often are dropped by the prosecutor after a long time has passed and nothing has happened in moving the case forward (IF of course they are not serious/felony charges)
Have you by any chance been following this thread, or did you only read the first couple of posts before brainstorming this response?
The reason I ask, is because the OP posted who issued the warrant and why, two days ago. Additionally, it has to do with a recent issue over child support. Hence there is no large gap in time since the warrant was issued and even if there was, it would not encourage the DA, the prosecution, the Judge, or God himself to drop this case or relieve the father of his support obligations.

Now, exactly what part of your advise was it, that the OP was going to find so helpful?

gamegirl029

I found out yesterday that when my husband went to court in May, the judge ordered that my husband was to check in with DCSE every month, or go to court. There was a misunderstanding on our part, we thought that the judge was suggesting he do that just so we would know for sure that the money being garnished from his check each week was actually going to child support (his last boss was pocketing the money being garnished, and that's how the arreages came to be in the first place). When he didn't check in with DCSE, they set a court date. But according to them, they didn't need to let my husband know about that court date, so that's why he wasnt there(we didn't know there was a court date). My only course of action right now (I'm told) is to pay the arreages in full, then they will let him out of jail. After the May court date, my husband went to DCSE (division of child support enforcement) and requested a copy of the new court order. I realize now that the copy of the order they sent was the original order, if we had gotten the order we asked for then we would have known what was required for him to do.

outonbail

I found out yesterday that when my husband went to court in May, the judge ordered that my husband was to check in with DCSE every month, or go to court. There was a misunderstanding on our part, we thought that the judge was suggesting he do that just so we would know for sure that the money being garnished from his check each week was actually going to child support (his last boss was pocketing the money being garnished, and that's how the arreages came to be in the first place). When he didn't check in with DCSE, they set a court date. But according to them, they didn't need to let my husband know about that court date, so that's why he wasnt there(we didn't know there was a court date). My only course of action right now (I'm told) is to pay the arreages in full, then they will let him out of jail. After the May court date, my husband went to DCSE (division of child support enforcement) and requested a copy of the new court order. I realize now that the copy of the order they sent was the original order, if we had gotten the order we asked for then we would have known what was required for him to do.
This thread keeps getting nuttier as it goes on. But let me see if I understand what your saying. Your husband was picked up on a warrant which was issued for his failure to check in with DCSE each month to make sure some boss isn't pocketing the money being deducted from his check. :rolleyes: This led to the scheduling of a court appearance he was not informed of and for not appearing in court when he had no idea he was supposed to, the warrant was issued for his arrest. Then the Mexican neighbors had a fiesta and the rest is history.
Now, in order to get him released, you need to pay the full amount of child support that is in arrears correct?
However, he is not in arrears because he has been keeping current with the support payments.
So I guess you can just go on down to the family court and hand them a check for $00.00 and the problem is solved!

I wish they were all this easy!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">