• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taken off work again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A329492

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I seperated my shoulder in Jan. 2003 and have had two surgeries since then. After the first surgery and lots of therapy I was put back into the same position that I was in when I got hurt. I was suppost to have help at all times since I was not suppost to do anything above my shoulders. That only lasted for about a month. This resulted in a lot of pain and another surgery that was a lot more intense. I was off work for 3 1/2 months before I was let back to work. My physical therapy was stopped by the insurace company because they said I had gone to therapy more than enough time to help my shoulder and I needed to have an I.M.E. That was in early Feb. I finally saw the I.M.E. doc on April 6. Now because of the IME doctor saying the same thing my doctors have said, I have to go back to therapy. Thats not the problem.

The problem is that now my work is telling me that I can not work evan though my doctor has released me back to light duty. I have been back since late January. My work says that the workmans comp is responsable for paying me and the insurance is saying that my work is responsable since the doctor Okayed me to go back.

I am very confused and getting really frustrated. Please help me if you can
Thanks

Beth3

If the employer is unable or unwilling to provide you with light duty work, then the worker's compensation carrier is responsible for paying you TTD (temporary total disability) benefits. Call the WC carrier and discuss this with them again. If they still say they're not going to pay you, then you can either go directly to your State's Worker's Compensation Divison and file a complaint or contact a WC attorney.

timm90

happened to me also

this situation happened to me also. my job has no light duty work, so workers comp is paying me, but if your company has light duty work for you, you should never refuse, because comp will not pay you anything, if you refuse light duty.so when the job says no light duty then you will get paid by comp trust me on this one,i,m in the same boat as you with a shoulder injury that happened also in 2003

A329492

I never refused any job. I had to talk them into let me come back to work the first time. I did everything from clean bathrooms to pick up trash outside. I even picked up cigarette butts up using a pinching tool. Trust me I want to work and was a little upset when they sent me home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">