• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking ins. co. to small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigheadjackson

What is the name of your state? Las Vegas, NV.

I am trying to file a small claims suit against the ins. company of the woman who rear ended me while I was at a stoplight. I listed the address of the company HQ in CA. The court clerk said the company must have a NV address or I would have to file in CA. The agent who sold the ins. policy has his office in Las Vegas. I assume this would be good enough. The clerk didn't seem to think so. What can I do? When I was rear ended, a step-up attached to the back of my car was busted off. The ins. co refuses to pay for that piece and also the upgraded van I needed to transport my giant breed dogs since I didn't have my own car to do so. Thanks in advance, KathyWhat is the name of your state? NEVADA

ecmst12

The insurance company is not the appropriate party to sue. You sue the person who hit you, and her insurance company will provide for her defense. I think your claim is reasonable, but if you sue the wrong party, you will waste time and money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">