• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking me for more money. Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You're simply going to have to take your chance with the judge. You can ask that the car payment and insurance be included in your CS. That is, it's possible for the order to say "CS set at $1,000 per month paid to CP plus car payment and insurance. When car is paid off, CS goes to $1500 per month" or something like that.

If the court insists on paying ex all in cash, then I would ask for an order that she refinance the car in her own name or sell it to avoid damage to your credit rating. Also, if your name is not on the title, you'll want to remove that at the same time.

I really doubt that she'll get CS raised to $1500 PLUS the car and insurance if they're not covered in the decree. That is, if they're not listed under the property division section, then it's a completely voluntary payment in lieu of more CS, so I really don't see her double dipping. The court is going to want you to pay the guideline amount - and any extra gifts would be up to you.
Considering that the order is 3 months old, I doubt Mom is going to get anything changed any time soon (unless maybe she applies for state aid). CS is fluid, but is it that fluid? :cool:

LdiJ

Considering that the order is 3 months old, I doubt Mom is going to get anything changed any time soon (unless maybe she applies for state aid). CS is fluid, but is it that fluid? :cool:
In most states it is not. In most states you either need a change in circumstance or anywhere from 1 to 3 years has to pass before CS can be reviewed.

However....since they agree to below guideline support, I wonder if that would make any difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">