• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Talking to kids about activties...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

l_x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I posted this issue before on here and everyone have been very helpful. My mother of my child keeps telling him activities she plan for him on my court ordered visitation time and he doesn't want to come with me when I go and pick him up (I do pick him up anyway even though he gets mad and won't talk to me). The last time it happened, which was about a year ago, I wrote her an email and it stopped.

She have started to do this again. When I ask her not to do it anymore, she tell me to ask our child who he would rather spend the weekend with. I'm not going to ask my child and put him in the middle.

I do not like going to court and will not go unless I really have to. So, my question is, will the judge just laugh at me if I take back to court? I do not like to see my child gets mad at me every time I go and pick him up.

mistoffolees

If you can prove it, a judge probably won't laugh at you. He probably won't do anything either, at least the first time.

BTW, can you prove that she does this? A kid's statements isn't going to help.

I would have my attorney send her a letter citing the instances and telling her that if it happens again, you will file for contempt and ask the judge to award you custody on the basis of her interference in your parenting time. That will probably put a stop to it - at least for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">