• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taping cell phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X45350

He is telling his lawyer that I call and tell him things that are untrue. He is alwo extremely abusive on the phone. I want to tape his conversations w/me to prove who's lying.

BelizeBreeze

X45350 said:
He is telling his lawyer that I call and tell him things that are untrue. He is alwo extremely abusive on the phone. I want to tape his conversations w/me to prove who's lying.
then you need to read 18 USC 2510, et seq, The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986.
and
N.D. Cent. Code § 12.1-15-02
Anyone who is a party to a communication, or who has obtained prior consent from someone who is a party to the communication, may legally record or disclose the contents of any wire or oral communication as long as they do not have criminal or tortious intent. Recording or disclosing the contents of a communication without one party's consent or with criminal or tortious intent is a felony carrying a maximum penalty of a $5,000 fine and imprisonment for five years. N.D. Cent. Code § 12.1-32-01.

W

westcoastdaddy

dont do it

would you want someone to invade YOUR privacy?

BelizeBreeze

X45350 said:
I don't particularly want him calling and screaming and calling me names but he does it anyway.
The question asked is immaterial to the law. Did you bother to read the citation and the statute I posted?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">