• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tattoo Shop - Apprentice...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My wife an I got a tattoo at <xyz>, in VA Beach VA. My question is, our tattoos have been extremely swollen, very painful (after the tattoo), and just doesn't look professionally done. We've contacted other shops, and owners about the work we had done, and other artists have told us, they shouldn't be as swollen for as long as they have, they also told us that the pain was normal, but not for as long as we've had it. We've had the tattoos now nearly two weeks, they are both still swollen and still painful. The job was done under an apprentice, which I understand the professional looking part will not be perfect. My concern is, doesn't the tattoo artist the apprentice is under, have to be on site at all times during the tattoo? The shop closed at 10p.m. my wife finally got in the chair at around 9:30p.m the owner and the other artists where around until about 10:30, and my wife's tattoo wasn't done until about 11:00. Then I finally got to go in the chair, no other artist on site, just the apprentice. He really dug in to my arm, and i feel put too much pressure on it. My tattoo wasn't completed until 1am that night. So do I have a case, and if I do, what type of lawyer should I contact, or would anyone here want to help me on this? and yes we did sign a waiver, but the waiver was for infection, and the out come of the tattoo, meaning how it looked. We've both have been and still are caring for the tattoos so there isn't any concern about infection. Just a concern with the pain and the fact they are still swollen.

Thanks in advance, Tyler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also I will check this every hour, because this is a concern, my wife has had tattoos before in the past, this is my first. She feels like the job wasn't properly and she has never felt the amount of pain she does with any of her other tattoos, the one she received from <xyz> is on her left wrist, the others are located on her upper back(middle) and on the top of her left foot, which was extremely painful to get in the first place, way more painful then the one she had received from <xyz>.

Quoted to remove the name of the shop

TyG

So the post doesnt sloppy... with quotes around the issue...

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My wife an I got a tattoo at <xyz>, in VA Beach VA. My question is, our tattoos have been extremely swollen, very painful (after the tattoo), and just doesn't look professionally done. We've contacted other shops, and owners about the work we had done, and other artists have told us, they shouldn't be as swollen for as long as they have, they also told us that the pain was normal, but not for as long as we've had it. We've had the tattoos now nearly two weeks, they are both still swollen and still painful. The job was done under an apprentice, which I understand the professional looking part will not be perfect. My concern is, doesn't the tattoo artist the apprentice is under, have to be on site at all times during the tattoo? The shop closed at 10p.m. my wife finally got in the chair at around 9:30p.m the owner and the other artists where around until about 10:30, and my wife's tattoo wasn't done until about 11:00. Then I finally got to go in the chair, no other artist on site, just the apprentice. He really dug in to my arm, and i feel put too much pressure on it. My tattoo wasn't completed until 1am that night. So do I have a case, and if I do, what type of lawyer should I contact, or would anyone here want to help me on this? and yes we did sign a waiver, but the waiver was for infection, and the out come of the tattoo, meaning how it looked. We've both have been and still are caring for the tattoos so there isn't any concern about infection. Just a concern with the pain and the fact they are still swollen.

Thanks in advance, Tyler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also I will check this every hour, because this is a concern, my wife has had tattoos before in the past, this is my first. She feels like the job wasn't properly and she has never felt the amount of pain she does with any of her other tattoos, the one she received from <xyz> is on her left wrist, the others are located on her upper back(middle) and on the top of her left foot, which was extremely painful to get in the first place, way more painful then the one she had received from <xyz>.

TyG

So glad i got some help from here, We actually talked to 4 different board certified lawyers and they all say we have a case.. So once again, thanks for nothing lol
--
If anyone else runs into an issue like this, do not sue for anything about the appearance.. Only if your in pain for a substantial amount of time, also take photographic evidence of a poorly done job.. Also another thing, my lawyer consulted with me about is we also have a case against the owner, due to "NEGLIGENCE" and also "Pain and Suffering".. Because not only did the artist the apprentice was under leave, so did the owner, and he didn't "manage his artist/staff".. So my lawyer is talking to their insurance company now, and My wife wants to get a settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">