• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Documents from Day Care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humusluvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

Hi all,

Have been having a lot of problems with a day care I used last year. Latest of the issues:

I need a tax document (and I don't know what it's called) from the daycare. I have received the tax documents from the other two daycares I used, but not this one (KK). I *heard* they were supposed to be mailed out by Jan 31st. KK is insisting that I come in to pick it up (as of today) and I DON'T feel safe going in there. I kinda get the feeling it's a set up (it was an unamicable split, they abused my child).

Where would I look on the IRS website, or what would I claim since she won't provide me with my tax document? I wanted to file my taxes, but I need her form. She is an LLC.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

Hi all,

Have been having a lot of problems with a day care I used last year. Latest of the issues:

I need a tax document (and I don't know what it's called) from the daycare. I have received the tax documents from the other two daycares I used, but not this one (KK). I *heard* they were supposed to be mailed out by Jan 31st. KK is insisting that I come in to pick it up (as of today) and I DON'T feel safe going in there. I kinda get the feeling it's a set up (it was an unamicable split, they abused my child).

Where would I look on the IRS website, or what would I claim since she won't provide me with my tax document? I wanted to file my taxes, but I need her form. She is an LLC.
There isn't a specific form that a daycare is required to provide. They simply have to provide you with their name, address and tax ID number. They could provide that to you over the phone.

However, if you have to go and pick it up from them, take someone along as a witness.

Humusluvr

There isn't a specific form that a daycare is required to provide. They simply have to provide you with their name, address and tax ID number. They could provide that to you over the phone.

However, if you have to go and pick it up from them, take someone along as a witness.
I had done business with her for three years prior. Each year, she provided me with the form in January with the total paid, and my name and address and tax ID info. The two daycares provided it. She didn't, this year. And she's claiming I have to go fetch it.

Just gets my goat. Makes me mad that after all she put my family though, she's still messing with me.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I had done business with her for three years prior. Each year, she provided me with the form in January with the total paid, and my name and address and tax ID info. The two daycares provided it. She didn't, this year. And she's claiming I have to go fetch it.

Just gets my goat. Makes me mad that after all she put my family though, she's still messing with me.
You've got her Tax ID number on the older papers; you've got her address; you know how much you paid to her for childcare. Tell her to pound sand, you've got the information you need. :cool:

Humusluvr

You've got her Tax ID number on the older papers; you've got her address; you know how much you paid to her for childcare. Tell her to pound sand, you've got the information you need. :cool:
To be a pain, maybe I'll just respond with her email that I'm claiming I paid her $10,000 in expenses, and that she'll be getting a visit from the IRS.

But I'll claim the correct amount on my taxes. Make her sweat a little more.

(I wouldn't do that, because I'd never put something in an email that could be held against me, but a girl can dream, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">