• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen driver age 16

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elaway7

We are concerned that my 16 year old son's girlfriend's family will be able to sue us if he is ever driving one of our vehicles and she is in it and they are engaged in an accident. Her father is sue happy....currently filing bankruptcy and has several other law suits pending that are public record on file. How can we protect our family AND him from this girl's sue - happy father? We live in Virginia.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Elaway7 said:
We are concerned that my 16 year old son's girlfriend's family will be able to sue us if he is ever driving one of our vehicles and she is in it and they are engaged in an accident. Her father is sue happy....currently filing bankruptcy and has several other law suits pending that are public record on file. How can we protect our family AND him from this girl's sue - happy father? We live in Virginia.
My response:

The only practical way for your to protect yourselves is to carry extremely high insurance coverages. Remember, it's not IF he gets into an accident, it's WHEN.

Either that, or absolutely forbid your son from seeing her or being with her ( . . . yeah, right. That'll work).

IAAL

racer72

Just an observation. If this fellow is willing to sue at the drop of a hat yet is in the process of filing for bankruptcy, it would appear he is not very successful in his legal endeavors. Also, I dated a gal in high school and her parents would not let her ride in my car. If we went anywhere together, she had to drive and it was in their station wagon. I will leave it at that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">