• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teenage parent in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas
I posted a few weeks ago about my nephew who was going to be a parent in May. Well, the baby was born May 4. We were wondering what visitation would be currently. He signed the acknowlegment of paternity at the hospital, but they are also doing a DNA test. Does he have any rights yet?

Thank you!

Just Blue

usedstepmom said:
I posted a few weeks ago about my nephew who was going to be a parent in May. Well, the baby was born May 4. We were wondering what visitation would be currently. He signed the acknowlegment of paternity at the hospital, but they are also doing a DNA test. Does he have any rights yet?

Thank you!
Nope..Not untill he files for them...Has he filed for visitation?

S

shell007

usedstepmom said:

Thank you!
and...what were the results of the paternity test?

no results yet**************.....so he has to file for visitation.....even though he signed the AOP?

Last edited:

Just Blue

usedstepmom said:
no results yet**************.....so he has to file for visitation.....even though he signed the EOP?
Of course he does...just like every other parent in this situation...depending on the outcome of the DNA he will file for visitation...

usedstepmom said:

Thank you!
Not feeling like looking up your past threads, but wasn't the mother saying she wasn't even going to let him in the hospital at the birth? Sounds like she changed her mind, or am I remembering incorrectly.

Anyway, is he on speaking terms with the mother at the moment? While she doesn't have to give him any type of visitation at all is she allowing him any, including supervised by herself?

nextwife

HE didn't wait for the DNA BEFORE signing the paternity acknowledgement?

I SURE hope this kid is his**************

Just Blue

nextwife said:
HE didn't wait for the DNA BEFORE signing the paternity acknowledgement?

I SURE hope this kid is his**************

I thought that odd myself...I believe she was advised in the other thread that a DNA should be done before he signed the AOP....

AHA

baystategirl said:
I thought that odd myself...I believe she was advised in the other thread that a DNA should be done before he signed the AOP....
Yet another teenboy bites the dust, and yet another teengirl thinks she's the queen boss of the world because she popped out a kid.
Wonderful ol' US of A.

Just Blue

AHA said:
Yet another teenboy bites the dust, and yet another teengirl thinks she's the queen boss of the world because she popped out a kid.
Wonderful ol' US of A.
Oh please....The teen boy had just as much to do with this as she did...

AHA

baystategirl said:

Calm down!! "Oh, please", that's what I mean. Another stupid kid who lacks common sense in more areas than in his pants and signs a piece of paper without any kind of proof, and who obviously didn't have PARENTS that could have enlightened him to NOT do so.

nextwife

baystategirl said:
A friend of mine had a moronic teen step-daughter that also thought she'd be queen bee if she could get pregnant (her friend was really fussed over and given showers, so she wanted that for herself). She was SOOOO intent on getting pregnant that she was actually telling guys that it was ok to NOT use a condom when they had sex because she was ALREADY pregnant and so they didn't have to worry!

Just Blue

nextwife said:
A friend of mine had a moronic teen step-daughter that also thought she'd be queen bee if she could get pregnant (her friend was really fussed over and given showers, so she wanted that for herself). She was SOOOO intent on getting pregnant that she was actually telling guys that it was ok to NOT use a condom when they had sex because she was ALREADY pregnant and so they didn't have to worry!

It should be against the law to be that stupid!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">