• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telephone Lifeline service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelevra

What is the name of your state? California

I hope I have the right forum,

My question is about telephone service? I have been using Universal Lifeline telephone service for a long time. It’s at a special service and rate for people with disabilities and seniors.

Time Warner Digital Phone Service bought out the old telephone company Comcast and has been sending me letters saying that I have to change my phone service because they do not provide or offer discounted Universal Lifeline telephone service? :mad:
Now I was told years ago that phone companies had to provide this Lifeline service to their customers, is that true or not?:confused:What is the name of your state?

racer72

Is this service available through other phone companies? I did a quick check and in the area I live, I have the choice of 4 different phone companies, 2 offer ULT, 2 don't. My current provider does not offer it.

Kelevra

What is the FCC law?

For years I always been told or understood if your telephone service has to provide Lifeline service for medical emergencies, fire and police to the poor, disabled and seniors on fixed income.:eek:
That it was a federal law for telephone companies to provide Lifeline for the above reasons?:mad: Is this ture and were can the law?:confused: Or has big corporations got around this law?
Now adays especially in big cities we as customers have many different tyype of phone services, many are cell services, digital that comes with your cable TV and internet type, and the old wire mon bell types?:cool: But do they all have to provide Lifeline if its your house phone!:rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
TW is not your local telco.

Contact your local telco and ask them to provide you with lifeline service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">