• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Custody to Grandparents, I need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Changing custody is PERMANENT. It requires a substantial change (in Dad) to reverse it. The courts do not want to see kids being bounced around. If it's better for your son at dad's - why can't you go, with your younger child? This is temporary, right?

mandyb1983

Changing custody is PERMANENT. It requires a substantial change (in Dad) to reverse it. The courts do not want to see kids being bounced around. If it's better for your son at dad's - why can't you go, with your younger child? This is temporary, right?
Well there is alot of crap with that, I can't stay there, basiclly because I am still with my husband. Alot of the crap isn't even because of my dad it is because of my stupid step mom who seems to think she runs things.

Silverplum

Well there is alot of crap with that, I can't stay there, basiclly because I am still with my husband. Alot of the crap isn't even because of my dad it is because of my stupid step mom who seems to think she runs things.
Her house, her rules. :rolleyes: When you get your own place, you can make the rules. And pay the bills.

mandyb1983

Her house, her rules. :rolleyes: When you get your own place, you can make the rules. And pay the bills.
Yeah like i said before you have know Idea what your talking about, it isn't her house and she doesn't pay any bills, MY DAD is the one who works 7 days a week and makes THE INCOME she spends money that she doesnt even make on tans and her favorite grandson,

Silverplum

Yeah like i said before you have know Idea what your talking about, it isn't her house and she doesn't pay any bills, MY DAD is the one who works 7 days a week and makes THE INCOME she spends money that she doesnt even make on tans and her favorite grandson,
Well, he's letting her make the rules, isn't he?? Where does that put you on the list of favorites?

mandyb1983

Well, he's letting her make the rules, isn't he?? Where does that put you on the list of favorites?

No not really, if it came down to it he would end the marriage for me, it was almost done, but I wouldn't let him. Still running your mouth about something you know nothing about

Silverplum

No not really, if it came down to it he would end the marriage for me, it was almost done, but I wouldn't let him.
That makes no sense. But that's okay, because I wasn't expecting any.
mandyb1983 said:
Still running your mouth about something you know nothing about
Found health insurance yet? You're the one with the problem...what have you done about it except freak out on a message board?

How did you manage to find Free Advice for you, but not health insurance for your son?

TinkerBelleLuvr

All we are saying is that giving custody to your dad is probably one of the worst ideas that you may want to consider. With the Step-mom in the picture, why would dad give you your son back?

You and your husband appear to be lacking funds. Are there any places that will help with low-income housing?

Do what you can to keep your family intact.

mandyb1983

That makes no sense. But that's okay, because I wasn't expecting any.

Found health insurance yet? You're the one with the problem...what have you done about it except freak out on a message board?

How did you manage to find Free Advice for you, but not health insurance for your son?
I wouldn't think you would see sense in it since you don't have any, Yes I have found answers and I have found options, I just keep answering this because I can and laugh at all the crap you seem to come up with

mandyb1983

All we are saying is that giving custody to your dad is probably one of the worst ideas that you may want to consider. With the Step-mom in the picture, why would dad give you your son back?

You and your husband appear to be lacking funds. Are there any places that will help with low-income housing?

Do what you can to keep your family intact.
Look I understand what everyone else is saying, It's the idiot in here who apparently has nothing better to do , as for my step mom she is probably the first one to give him back, it's not like she has really wanted much to do with people who are not of her own family, yet my dad has taken in her kids and grandson like they were his own, and I have looked into housing and alot if not most are full and most waiting lists can be 1 to 2 years long then another long wait to even get into a place

Last edited:
... and the baby is in his bed which takes up alot of the room
Granted, it's a small living area, and truly, I remember those early days when the children were young. But honestly, how much space can the sleeping arrangments for a one year old child occupy?

... and I have looked into housing and alot if not most are full and most waiting lists can be 1 to 2 years long then another long wait to even get into a place
Be that as it may, it is hopeful that you understand that whatever decisions you choose to act or not act upon now, and how proactive you decide you are going to be about your situation, regardless of how long such things may take to finalize, that the 1-2 year time period you mentioned is going to pass anyway. Going out on a limb here, but I assume (yes, yes... I know) that you don't look want to look back and have one of those 'I wish I'd done (this/that/the other) when I first considered it, cause look where I'd be now' sort of moments, do you?

PS: Hope I didn't step on the toes (of Senior members, et al.) due to the lack of absence of any legal material, but I was compelled to comment.
In any event, any collective refrain from biting off of my head is much appreciated on my end. ;)

mandyb1983

Granted, it's a small living area, and truly, I remember those early days when the children were young. But honestly, how much space can the sleeping arrangments for a one year old child occupy?

Be that as it may, it is hopeful that you understand that whatever decisions you choose to act or not act upon now, and how proactive you decide you are going to be about your situation, regardless of how long such things may take to finalize, that the 1-2 year time period you mentioned is going to pass anyway. Going out on a limb here, but I assume (yes, yes... I know) that you don't look want to look back and have one of those 'I wish I'd done (this/that/the other) when I first considered it, cause look where I'd be now' sort of moments, do you?

PS: Hope I didn't step on the toes (of Senior members, et al.) due to the lack of absence of any legal material, but I was compelled to comment.
In any event, any collective refrain from biting off of my head is much appreciated on my end. ;)

Yes this is a very, small place, and yes with all of us here, it takes up alot of room. Don't think for a second I'm okay or happy with him being with my dad, I'm not but it is in my SON's best interst right now with him being at my dad's, ONE he has a bed all to himself and plenty of room to go outside and play TWO it takes alot of the stress off of him, that he shouldn't be dealing with. For the people who even have to ask questions like "But honestly, how much space can the sleeping arrangments for a one year old child occupy? " then you must not have had young children or don't remember it. I don't put my child on the floor or with me. So his bed takes up quite a bit of room in a one bedroom where there are 3 adults and him. As for the housing thing, I have put my name on wating list and I'm still watching and looking, so quit acting like you know me or what I have done, all I said was in an earlier post was that those are not an option for immediate help, WHILE I'm waiting I have to figure something else out. Thank you to all the people who actually answered the actuall question I asked and didn't go off other subjects that have nothing to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">