• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant Vs Dfacs investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heather28

Hi I'm curious to know if I have to be apart of a Dfacs investigation because I reside at the home. I rent a room from my boss. There are other workers that do the same. One of them is attempting to take custody of 6 mo old daughter which is in Dfacs custody at the moment. Kudos to him but Dfacs is wanting to Evaluate the household to determine possiblity. Do I have to be involved or can I stay on the sidelines.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
*Generally* speaking (the state matters), Children's Services (no matter what they're called locally) will want to investigate the entire household/everyone living there. Hypothetically speaking, suppose your boss inadvertently rented a room to someone with child abuse or neglect (or worse). Wouldn't you think that would be important to know prior to approving a custody placement?

zddoodah

Depends on the laws of your unidentified state.

One would assume they'll ask you a few questions. What's the big deal? What do you think it might mean to be "involved"?

adjusterjack

Do I have to be involved or can I stay on the sidelines.
You have no obligation to answer questions about yourself or anybody or anything else and may decline to do so if you like.

However, I imagine that DFACS has the ability to run background checks on all of the occupants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">