• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminating parental rights but still paying child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
then i guess by your definition an adoptive parent wouldn't be a parent...i was meaning yeah it makes you a biological parent...but there is a whole lot more to being a parent than just dna
Where did you get THAT from? I never said it was the ONLY definition of a parent.
I am the parent of my adopted daughter.
I am the parent of my natural children.
But, what you said is that sharing dna does NOT make you a parent - and you're wrong about that (like so much more)

Have a great day and sleep well with your loving husband

penelope10

just because she has the child in her possession does not mean she is doing what is best for the child...she didn't even want the child she said so herself...and she is using the child every chance she gets...the child would have been better off being adopted by someone who wanted the child...you people really need to know what you are talking about...
I love your past quote when said you told your hubby that it was ok by YOU if he had something to do with the child. Adoption would be best FOR YOU. Then you wouldn't have to deal with the living and breathing fact that HUBBY was not fateful.

We've seen all of this before in one form or another in this forum. So you might as well tell the truth. The truth is you're pissed that HUBBY cheated. It's going to be hard to stay with HUBBY and deal with a constant reminder of his infidelity. Understand why you're chapped, just don't take it out on the kiddo.

As I stated earlier---HUBBY doesn't have to exercise his visitation. Now he won't be much of a man if he chooses to do this. And if you can't deal with the reality of the situation, don't want a spouse that cheated and produced offspring, you are free to get a divorce. Wouldn't say that I blame you.

ztoa0220

I thought this forum was a place to get legal advice..i did not know what i was getting into when i asked this question....

if you need to know more of the story...my husband chose this not me, and he did so because the other woman has threatened me, my children, as well as members of my family...it has gotten so bad that the court has given us a permanent injuction so that this woman can not harass us anymore...my husband feels it is best for all children involved that they do not live in a situation where their lives have been threatened...

you are correct i am upset that my husband cheated...i wanted to have contact with this child...but for many reasons my husband does not....

also i know what this child is going to go through...as a child my father gave up his parental rights to me because he was incapable of being a father...i won't spit on his grave someday..i want to thank him...it was probably the most unselfish thing he has ever done in his life...he gave me the opportunity to not grow up in a bad situation...and my mom married a man who raised me like my own...

Just Blue

I thought this forum was a place to get legal advice..i did not know what i was getting into when i asked this question....

if you need to know more of the story...my husband chose this not me, and he did so because the other woman has threatened me, my children, as well as members of my family...it has gotten so bad that the court has given us a permanent injuction so that this woman can not harass us anymore...my husband feels it is best for all children involved that they do not live in a situation where their lives have been threatened...

you are correct i am upset that my husband cheated...i wanted to have contact with this child...but for many reasons my husband does not....

also i know what this child is going to go through...as a child my father gave up his parental rights to me because he was incapable of being a father...i won't spit on his grave someday..i want to thank him...it was probably the most unselfish thing he has ever done in his life...he gave me the opportunity to not grow up in a bad situation...and my mom married a man who raised me like my own...
You were given legal advice. He does NOT have to have any relationship with his child but no court will allow his to TPR. He must provide financial support for the child he had with this horrible horrible woman. Period. What you think is irrelevant.

jbowman

Nextwife, Zigner is making a point. You understand what the point is. Why are you trying to take it personal? We all know you adopted and are a parent. But this isnt about you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is that old saying about adoptive Moms---you may not have been carried under my heart--- but you were chosen by my heart.:)
Similar to what I used to tell my 3rd husband's daughter. 'You're not a child of my body but a child of my heart'.

mommyof4

Oh? And not sharing DNA makes one chopped liver? ;)
Read Ziggy's next post.:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoa0220 View Post
then i guess by your definition an adoptive parent wouldn't be a parent...i was meaning yeah it makes you a biological parent...but there is a whole lot more to being a parent than just dna
Where did you get THAT from? I never said it was the ONLY definition of a parent.
I am the parent of my adopted daughter.
I am the parent of my natural children.
But, what you said is that sharing dna does NOT make you a parent - and you're wrong about that (like so much more)

Have a great day and sleep well with your loving husband

2Mistakes

OP,

You said the woman was married as well? If so, her husband would be the legal father of this child, unless his paternity has been disestablished and your husband has been found legally to be the father.

Has that happened?

penelope10

I think nextwife was making a funny with Zigner---hence the;)

Could be wrong---wouldn't be the first time my old eyes did not coordinate well with the old brain though:D

LdiJ

Look....your husband doesn't have to have anything to do with the child if he does not want to. I think that's very sad, but he is not obligated to be part of the child's life.

He will however, have to remain legally responsible for the child, which mostly means that he will have to provide child support and medical benefits. Since he is already prepared to do that, there really isn't anything that he has to do.

waitinMd

I feel very sorry for that child.

You are saying Mom is horrible and threatens everyone else. Maybe Dad could have been a loving positive factor in that childs life. Dad may be the only person the child could have had a happy childhood with.

my husband feels it is best for all children involved that they do not live in a situation where their lives have been threatened...
bs.... how do you know how that child is living?

I couldn't sleep at night knowing that MY child may be unhappy and that I as the child's father could make a difference in that child's life....

very sad.... I wonder what your children think, they must be terrified....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">