• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terms of divorce-time frame

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debreb4

What is the name of your state? CA
My husband's attorney brought the final papers to his house for us to sign and get notarized. Is the divorce officially final then or is there a date that it becomes final?
If there is a later date (there is another court date, I believe) is it still possible for one to change something-for example, from no spousal support to obtaining spousal support?

seniorjudge

Q: My husband's attorney brought the final papers to his house for us to sign and get notarized. Is the divorce officially final then or is there a date that it becomes final?
If there is a later date (there is another court date, I believe) is it still possible for one to change something-for example, from no spousal support to obtaining spousal support?

A: The judgment in your lawsuit should answer your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">