• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TEXAS, served suit papers today...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jphunter001

That was one heck of a deal you got there.
They will charge you a flat fee, but you will not be paying it.

Next comes: My parents are paying it. OR, My wife is paying it.

;)

What do your parents bank records have to do with your child support?

I don't mean to be snarky, really I don't, but...that's what they all say.

Wait for it...

You don't know why it took a year to complete the review, but you do "know" that it's the court's fault that you haven't paid your child support.

Alrighty.

Then how did the state of TX come up with the $1400 amount?

When did that happen?

You know lots of stuff, but not the last time you wrote a check for the support of your children?

Really, dude.

First, yes, I am not paying, nor my wife. Done deal, what does it matter if I get financial support from my family?

My parents bank records, doesn't have anything to do with support, but when it comes down to receiving financial assistance from my parents, and the court or child support people ask for proof, then I have their statements and mine and they match. Basically proof that I am not lying to them...

I never said it anyone was at fault!!! Ever!!! The statement was about how long it took them to complete anything, and the entire process.

As for the $1400, that is rounded up. I pay my base support plus reimburse for medical coverage. When did it happen? That all took place in October 2010 by a judge.

And when did I ever say or comment about knowing a lot of "stuff", but not knowing when I wrote my last check for support. I don't write checks, I have it automatically deducted. So yes! Really Dude! You come across as I am lying or trying to get out of something. Never said I was, nor would I. I do need to support my children... Heck, I've offered on numerous occasions to take custody, so she would not have something to complain about having to physically take care of them.

There is a lot to the whole entire deal, and I am not going to get into the money hunger that she has...

jphunter001

Wait one minute here..sorry seniors but this one gets me;

You cant afford to support your first child/children but you feel it right to go and have MORE?! :mad::eek:
You know what, things happen, believe that or not, but am I supposed to go get a baby terminated, so I can live with that too. People fall in love, people re-marry, people have children.

I am not whining about paying the support, I am not trying to get out of anything. I don't know where you think I am trying to take this. My whole point to posting here, was to try and figure out what to do, how to go about it. Not get out of anything or whatever it is you think. I am not on wellfare, I am not getting anything from the government, not ever am I going to even try.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Heck, I've offered on numerous occasions to take custody, so she would not have something to complain about having to physically take care of them.
You can't support them now. How would you do so if they lived with you (trust me - it will cost more than you're (not) paying in CS)?

Isis1

First, yes, I am not paying, nor my wife. Done deal, what does it matter if I get financial support from my family?

My parents bank records, doesn't have anything to do with support, but when it comes down to receiving financial assistance from my parents, and the court or child support people ask for proof, then I have their statements and mine and they match. Basically proof that I am not lying to them...

I never said it anyone was at fault!!! Ever!!! The statement was about how long it took them to complete anything, and the entire process.

As for the $1400, that is rounded up. I pay my base support plus reimburse for medical coverage. When did it happen? That all took place in October 2010 by a judge.

And when did I ever say or comment about knowing a lot of "stuff", but not knowing when I wrote my last check for support. I don't write checks, I have it automatically deducted. So yes! Really Dude! You come across as I am lying or trying to get out of something. Never said I was, nor would I. I do need to support my children... Heck, I've offered on numerous occasions to take custody, so she would not have something to complain about having to physically take care of them.There is a lot to the whole entire deal, and I am not going to get into the money hunger that she has...
she's not complaining about supporting them, she's complaining you aren't paying your responsibilities. that's the problem.

i have one thought that came to mind. when you requested your modification, and it was granted based on your new income, did you request the new amount to be reflected to the day you filed the modification, or did you start the new amount the day it was granted?

jphunter001

I realize this is a novel idea, but... how about NOT making more babies when you can't pay your obligation for your current ones? Really. That's not rocket science. Keep it zipped, or get it snipped.
Hey good idea!!! Snipping is completed... How about that??? You feel better with your smart mouth? I love and care for my kids, all of them! I went through a tough time, a lot of people are or have, see post before this one to see I am not trying to get out of anything. This whole post is not about my kids, or anything close to that. It is about what to do, how to approach and deal/work with it all.

jphunter001

You can't support them now. How would you do so if they lived with you (trust me - it will cost more than you're (not) paying in CS)?
You are completely incorrect! I realize children cost, but I also know what it takes to take care of children. Remember, I did live with them and raise them everyday before the divorce.

jphunter001

she's not complaining about supporting them, she's complaining you aren't paying your responsibilities. that's the problem.

i have one thought that came to mind. when you requested your modification, and it was granted based on your new income, did you request the new amount to be reflected to the day you filed the modification, or did you start the new amount the day it was granted?
I did actually, but the judge would not grant that... Can't answer as to why though.

CSO286

You are completely incorrect! I realize children cost, but I also know what it takes to take care of children. Remember, I did live with them and raise them everyday before the divorce.
Additional shelter cost vs standard one bedroom apt: + 500-800 (or more)
Additional food cost vs feeding one person: +100 (until they become teens thens it's more like +400
Additional Utilities: +50-100
daycare: +400
School Lunches/Fees: + 75
Clothing: +100
Cell phone: +75-100
Misc Expenses: + 100 (until they are teens...then bare min --treble that number.)

Not to mention car and auto insurance, and school trips and summer camps, and the gas to get them from a to b to c to d....

Yeah....kids are so cheap.

CSO286

I did actually, but the judge would not grant that... Can't answer as to why though.
It is in the judge's discretion as to if he'll grant a modification retro to date of filing or make it effective on the date of signing.

He doesn't have to give a reason. (I've seen several who do not give reasons for many of the choices they make.....)

jphunter001

Additional shelter cost vs standard one bedroom apt: + 500-800 (or more)
Additional food cost vs feeding one person: +100 (until they become teens thens it's more like +400
Additional Utilities: +50-100
daycare: +400
School Lunches/Fees: + 75
Clothing: +100
Cell phone: +75-100
Misc Expenses: + 100 (until they are teens...then bare min --treble that number.)

Not to mention car and auto insurance, and school trips and summer camps, and the gas to get them from a to b to c to d....

Yeah....kids are so cheap.
OK OK OK, hold on one second. I do stand firm on what I am going to say...

Again, never said it was cheap, remember I raised them until the divorce!!! What you are implying is total BS.

Facts!!!

-Her apartment, 1 bedroom with small (very small) study, yeah the kids live it that "study" No additional costs.
-Food, I agree with.
-Utilities, no additional costs, if she were frickin single, she would still have utilities.
-Daycare, not applicable.
-School lunches, I agree with.
-Clothing, another laugh, my mom purchases my children's clothing for her regularly. Because their clothes are always trashy, not to mention, I got complete clothing sets for my kids when they are with us.
-Cell Phone, really, that is a luxury, not another parents problem. By the way, she has one from a friend, she pays the bill, not my ex.
-Additional Expenses, I agree...
-Car/Vehicle Expenses, again, everyone needs it, and if single with no kids, would still have/need a car.

I am not being a smarty pants in by any means. I can't get over this. I simply asked a question, I simply would like an answer. I am not asking for sympathy, don't need it. I was struggling, I am getting back on my feet now. I was only asking about the arrears I owe, and heck, did I mention, I do pay additionally every month now to make it up.

jphunter001

It is in the judge's discretion as to if he'll grant a modification retro to date of filing or make it effective on the date of signing.

He doesn't have to give a reason. (I've seen several who do not give reasons for many of the choices they make.....)
See, that was a simple and great reply to my comment. I am not complaining, just trying to figure it all out and maybe understand. Thank you for your response.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
-Utilities, no additional costs, if she were frickin single, she would still have utilities.

-Car/Vehicle Expenses, again, everyone needs it, and if single with no kids, would still have/need a car.
These two items you are wrong about. I use a ton more water, gas and electricity when both of mine are home. Showers/baths, extra lights on, extra laundry done, extra dishes washed, extra food cooked. Often extra heat/AC. Extra gas used to transport. Extra insurance when kids are driving.

jphunter001

These two items you are wrong about. I use a ton more water, gas and electricity when both of mine are home. Showers/baths, extra lights on, extra laundry done, extra dishes washed, extra food cooked. Often extra heat/AC. Extra gas used to transport. Extra insurance when kids are driving.
Well since this has turned into something it wasn't meant to be, did I mention my kids are usually not home with her, while she is out in a bar, drinking, etc? Oh no, I didn't. I guess that is where the support should be, to pay the bar tabs, LOL.

Yeah, I did it too, every dang night.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">