• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

texas Smart housing Guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hindustan

What is the name of your state? TX

I am an architect designing multifamily apartments in Austin,texas. We are trying to do a smart housing project for the city of austin. The smart housing regulations state that we need to designate a certain percantage (10%) of units as handicap units. We have done that since all of our units are handicap adaptable. however, some planners seem to interpret the regulation to read that we also need to assign 10% of handicap parking spaces for the project as opposed to the federal regulation that states only 2% of parking needs to be handicap spaces. our argument is thet, we would stripe the parking space as and when a handicap person moves in since we have catered to the federal regulation for the minimim designated handicap spaces (2%).
Are there any cases I can quote in my argument that shows we could stripe handicap parking spaces in a project as and when there is a need? Please explain.

HomeGuru

hindustan said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I am an architect designing multifamily apartments in Austin,texas. We are trying to do a smart housing project for the city of austin. The smart housing regulations state that we need to designate a certain percantage (10%) of units as handicap units. We have done that since all of our units are handicap adaptable. however, some planners seem to interpret the regulation to read that we also need to assign 10% of handicap parking spaces for the project as opposed to the federal regulation that states only 2% of parking needs to be handicap spaces. our argument is thet, we would stripe the parking space as and when a handicap person moves in since we have catered to the federal regulation for the minimim designated handicap spaces (2%).
Are there any cases I can quote in my argument that shows we could stripe handicap parking spaces in a project as and when there is a need? Please explain.

**A: you need to be talking to a real estate attorney located in Austin.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">