• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

That's gotta be tough to swallow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

It's not the COURT'S job to bring that sort of matter up. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Sounds like you had some really ineffective counsel. That's YOUR fault.

Seriously - your soapboxing is tiring to everyone (you included, I'm sure.) The only reason I haven't reported it is because this thread isn't about somebody looking for help, so your irrelevant gripes aren't really hurting anything/anyone here.
Oh, I'm having a ball. Go ahead, throw a tantrum, report the fact that someone has a different perspective and pisses you off.

single317dad

It's not the COURT'S job to bring that sort of matter up. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Sounds like you had some really ineffective counsel. That's YOUR fault.

Seriously - your soapboxing is tiring to everyone (you included, I'm sure.) The only reason I haven't reported it is because this thread isn't about somebody looking for help, so your irrelevant gripes aren't really hurting anything/anyone here.
He's been doing it for 7 years. What's one more thread?

RRevak

What disturbs me the most is that he can equate the raping of a child to his awful ex wife. There just aren't any words for the stretch that is.

Bali I get that you're bitter, I really do and honestly I can understand why (God knows I would be bitter too if I had to pay my evil ex for even a cup of coffee!) but seriously, we're talking about paying a man who raped a child for petes sake! How in the WORLD can you even begin to place this instance in the same vein as inequality of alimony orders!?

Bali Hai

What disturbs me the most is that he can equate the raping of a child to his awful ex wife. There just aren't any words for the stretch that is.

Bali I get that you're bitter, I really do and honestly I can understand why (God knows I would be bitter too if I had to pay my evil ex for even a cup of coffee!) but seriously, we're talking about paying a man who raped a child for petes sake! How in the WORLD can you even begin to place this instance in the same vein as inequality of alimony orders!?
Answer:

You will need to ask the case judge who ordered the alimony.

FarmerJ

Well maybe the lady who has to pay alimony to her now adult child`s rapist will get lucky in another way. 1 the day the mother ships come back her ex will be one of the selected few to be picked up for breeding experiments. 2 a earthquake will happen in the area he lives in and a large crack will open up and swallow him. 3 lightning hits & toast him so there wont be any need to pay alimony any more.

single317dad

Well maybe the lady who has to pay alimony to her now adult child`s rapist will get lucky in another way. 1 the day the mother ships come back her ex will be one of the selected few to be picked up for breeding experiments. 2 a earthquake will happen in the area he lives in and a large crack will open up and swallow him. 3 lightning hits & toast him so there wont be any need to pay alimony any more.
It's been my experience that Karma works much more slowly and subtly than all that; however, seeing as the perpetrator did serve a year in prison, maybe the penalties were a bit more "appropriate".

Bali Hai

I'm sure numerous unlucky alimony payers have already thought of these things. The fact that the receiver in this case is male and has a criminal conviction makes the difference.

Did they change the law in NJ after the mother beat her son to death, went to prison and the father was ordered to pay her alimony? NO. In fact an appeals court upheld the alimony award.

Hypocrites love the law and idiot judge decisions as long as it always works in their favor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">