• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The cops said they would issue a warrant....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Girloduval

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

The cops rushed my house with a warrant because someone complained we were smoking marijuana, my BF wasn't there. They found marijuana and a firearm. I was arrested for the marijuana but the cops said they knew everything belonged to my BF and that they would find him. I was released and put on a pre-trial program because I've never been in any trouble. My question is not for me but my BF. They have not been looking for him or posted a warrant for him and it's been 2 weeks. My question is, why haven't they looked for him or issued a warrant? We've talked to a lawyer and have been preparing if they do come looking but they haven't. Any idea what the process for this kind of thing is? How long do they wait to issue warrants in FL? There's 2 primary websites that post information but nothing has been posted for him.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

The cops rushed my house with a warrant because someone complained we were smoking marijuana, my BF wasn't there. They found marijuana and a firearm. I was arrested for the marijuana but the cops said they knew everything belonged to my BF and that they would find him. I was released and put on a pre-trial program because I've never been in any trouble. My question is not for me but my BF. They have not been looking for him or posted a warrant for him and it's been 2 weeks. My question is, why haven't they looked for him or issued a warrant? We've talked to a lawyer and have been preparing if they do come looking but they haven't. Any idea what the process for this kind of thing is? How long do they wait to issue warrants in FL? There's 2 primary websites that post information but nothing has been posted for him.
depends upon the county. depending on the amount of paper that is in need of pushing around. generally, they have from 6 months to up to a year to file to press charges.

did they take the firearm?

Girloduval

depends upon the county. depending on the amount of paper that is in need of pushing around. generally, they have from 6 months to up to a year to file to press charges.

did they take the firearm?
Yes, they took the firearm.

My advice is to get another BF -- he's already gotten you into enough trouble. Don't have anything to do with him at all.

And don't worry about his issues ... he can post if he wishes ..

Banned_Princess

yes, we are legal site that includes our advice, (get it advice . com) which includes opinions and judgment.

you have a lawyer, why not ask him? he will keep his judgment to himself.

CdwJava

Warrants can take time. They may also be investigating to see what other offenses they can tie him into.

You do realize that you will likely be required to testify against your boyfriend, right?

If he is lucky he might also get some form of diversion. Of course, if he is REALLY lucky, they will never get that warrant for him and they will focus, instead, on you.

Consider this a wake up call that the two of you should get into some sort of treatment and counseling to get off the dope and stay off.

I thought this was free LEGAL advice. Please leave your judgmental answers out of this. Thank you.
This was legal advice; get a new BF as he is getting you into legal trouble. To avoid future meetings with the law, get a new BF. Is he worth 5 yrs in prison?

You could end up there ; plus moving out will add some credibility to your claim "I did not know my BF was doing dope...I moved out as soon as I found out"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">