• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?CA
I was injured twice on the job, first hurt my neck which is cervical disk damage and secondly carpal tunnel. This was back in 2000, They are claiming I hurt my neck pryor to this injury which I have always been honest about. I had muscle spasms on and off prior to this injury at work but had x-rays which showed nothing but no mri then.. I have lost my job and am no longer recieving temp benefits as the insurance says they bellieve they have paid me the amount justified.... My last Attorney pass away and I just recoeved a new one and i just recieved a letter of a hearing for May.. What can I expect at this hearing? Will anything be decided on then? Typically is there more then one hearing? of course depending on circumstances? Is the temp benefits taken out of the settlement if awarded? They have taken the carpal tunnel as a work injury but we may fight for the neck injury?

Last edited:

Beth3

It's quite possible you'll never get to the hearing. It's not uncommon for a WC claim to be settled by both parties a day or two prior to the hearing, or even in the hallway outside the courtroom.

If that doesn't happen and you do get to a hearing, there will be an Administrative Law Judge presiding, you will be there with your attorney, and a representative from the WC carrier will be there with their attorney. Your employer may or may not be in attendance - it's their call.

You can expect each side to present their case and enter into evidence any relevant medical documents, a history of payments made by the W.C. carrier, the medical bills and/or lost time in dispute, etc. If the parties come to some sort of agreement at the hearing and the judge approves it, then that's that. If not, then the judge will make a ruling in the weeks following the hearing and mail it to the parties.

Whether there will be (or should be) more than one hearing due to your multiple WC claims is something you need to discuss with your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">