• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The "Rock": Reloaded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So EDD sent me a check from which they subtracted the days I was hospitalized (Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19). No claim form came with the check so I called EDD and spoke to "Linda."

Linda said she'd send it but told me I should enter "l" in the number of days missed. Why would I enter "1" when I was available for work all week?

Last edited:

justalayman

So EDD sent me a check from which they subtracted the days I was hospitalized (Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19). No claim form came with the check so I called EDD and spoke to "Linda."

Linda said she'd send it but told me I should enter "l" in the number of days missed. Why would I enter "1" when I was available for work all week?
You know the rule: don't start new threads for an ongoing situation;)

with the claim form, ya lost me. What time period is the claim form for? From your statement, it sounds like you are speaking of time you were in the hospital. I believe your weeks run Sunday through Saturday. If so, then you would have 1 day each week that you were not available for work due to the hospital stay.

Antigone*

Sunday is the first day of the week. They are counting Sunday. My response to Linda would have been "even God rested on Sundays."

commentator

Millions of people work on Sundays, including those who serve people their Sunday dinner after church, and care for you while you're in the hospital. And all EDD weeks, except for school claims which is another story, run Sunday through Saturday. So just one day that week you were unavailable. Sounds as though you did get hold of someone and are on the verge of getting things all straightened out. Great! Hope your health is improving!

Hot Topic

Sunday is the first day of the week. They are counting Sunday. My response to Linda would have been "even God rested on Sundays."

California isn't allowed to rest on Sundays. We owe too many people waaaaaaaaaaay too much money. But if southern Cal breaks away from northern Cal, maybe we can stick them with the bills:D

Antigone*

California isn't allowed to rest on Sundays. We owe too many people waaaaaaaaaaay too much money. But if southern Cal breaks away from northern Cal, maybe we can stick them with the bills:D
Never going to happen HT ~ especially not without L.A. County.;)

Hope you are feeling better:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">