• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft of Movable Property under $2500

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Voltaire_Rising

Though I no longer live in wisconsin, I got a "citation" in the mail naming me as a defendant for a "theft of movable property, violation 14.343" in the mail. It was for "witholding" items from my previous job, which were returned.

I looked it up:

"14.343 Theft. Whoever intentionally takes and carries
away, uses, transfers, conceals or retains possession of movable
property of another having a value not in excess of $100.00
without his/her consent and with intent to deprive the owner
permanently of. "

It says my appearance is not mandatory, it is a municipal court and the "deposit" is $600. Going there to fight this is more costly than paying the deposit, but if I plead guilty to it, would there be a chance of having to serve jail time...? I'm so lost on this and just want it behind me.

Thanks to everyone here who can offer comments or advice... can give more info if needed...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">