• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This could happen ONLY to me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spawn_x

What is the name of your state? CA

So whoever has been reading my threads knows that I got suspended without being notified (somehow 360 xxx street in the DMV records got switched to 340). While being suspended for two months (without knowing) some uninsured A---HOLE hits me from in the fender.

The next day i find out my license is suspended (officer pulls me over for having a clear license plate cover). I go to a hearing and get my license back because my violations aren't severe and I was "technically" on suspension for two months.

A month ago I finally sent out a police report about the accident to get his license suspended for driving uninsured..

Today I get a letter from the DMV saying MY license is getting suspended in June because "I violated my probation". Not only did my probation state that I'll be suspended if I hit someone, but the damn accident happened before I even went to court.

So this is how DMV screw-ups can screw you over and make your life VERY annoying for quite a while. I am still DYING to know how ONE digit in my address got changed on the records so I never received the original notice of suspension. I've been living here for SIX years.

If anyone has any tips please feel free to post. I'm annoying to s--t right now because whatever mistakes happen I have to go out of my way and fix myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">