• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threat of being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uther

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm located in Pennsylvania.

About a year ago I painted a motorcycle for some one, no contract , warranty etc.
I went above and beond for this person, repainted several times to get the look correct. All the while the customer would call at all hours , sometimes drunk. And was a rather rude person to deal with.

He contacted me that there are bubbles by the gas caps. I went and looked at them .And confirmed that it was do to the resessed cap install.

Now , when I gave him the parts back I explained the paint to him it's a very sensitive paint , and I offered to have my partner install the gas caps to make sure there would not be any issues ( gas vapor & gas contact would cause the above issues) He said no his buddy would install them.

Well to say the least over the last 48 hours I've been getting threating calls , about 10 calls in the time span . Stating that he needs to know where I am .Implying that I have to report to him.:eek:

I left him a message explaining , what I had allready told him.That it was do to the cap install , and not using anything between the cap and the paint. ( when we took the job on he complained that the other artists paint bubbled at the caps as well, again his buddy installed the caps , withthe same result)

My question is , can I be sued for this? And legally do we owe him anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">