• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threatning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

upset_wisconsin

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My husband has been threatning me with physical abuse lately though he has not followed up on it i am scared for my life he threaten to cut my thoat the other night . He has hit me before we seperated and he said he had changed now i am not sure what do i do

H

hmmbrdzz

Take your baby and go to the police station and file charges of assault and battery against his sorry ass. THEN leave him. Go stay in a shelter; go stay with a friend; go stay with a neighbor; go to a church and ask for help. Do something besides put up with this because if you keep putting up with it, he WILL eventually hurt you. He might knock all your front teeth out, push you down a flight of stairs, break your arm, bloody your face, and you can best believe -- he will also hurt your baby if he hurts you. Get a few clothes, get some essentials, get the baby some stuff, get the hell out there, go to the police, and then you have begun to get some help. Otherwise, you're not ever going to get any help, and this situation is going to continue on and on. Be strong. GO!

hmmbrdzz

H

hmmbrdzz

Hi upset Wisconsin: I was reading some stuff on the web and thought about your situation and my earlier response to you. I've provided a URL below that's pretty darn good about spousal abuse and the woman who tolerates it (but eventually doesn't). I hope you find some support in this article.

Good luck to you.

http://www.labyris.com/jerk.html

hmmbrdzz

V

VeeGee

upset....verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse...if not, worse! If he has used physical abuse on you before...then he will do it again!!!!!! As the others who responded said...GET OUT ASAP! If he threatened to cut your throat...take that as a warning, he will do it. DO NOT wait for this to happen, go to the police and file a complaint against him. If anything happens to you...they will arrest him. But don't stay there and wait for it to happen. Just leave NOW!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">