• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats from plaintiff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonnu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am facing a civil lawsuit alleging that I sent defamatory message from the computer in my house. Plaintiffs filed a motion and the court approved their motion for conducting forensic investigation of my computer. The court order did not ask me to do not use my computer. The court order did not provide me any special instructions on the usage of the computer. Therefore, I was using it (almost in the same way I was using, including possible deleting or erasing unnecessary information) until the forensic details were collected from the computer.

Now the Plaintiffs are threatening me for spoliation of evidence charges. What are the merits and possible outcomes of these charges?

Last edited:

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am facing a civil lawsuit alleging that I sent defamatory message from the computer in my house. Plaintiffs filed a motion and the court approved their motion for conducting forensic investigation of my computer. The court order did not ask me to do not use my computer. The court order did not provide me any special instructions on the usage of the computer. Therefore, I was using it (almost in the same way I was using, including possible deleting or erasing unnecessary information) until the forensic details were collected from the computer.

Now the Plaintiffs are threatening me for spoliation of evidence charges. What are the merits and possible outcomes of these charges?
This has nothing to do with landlord/tenant law ,repost in computers , or civil ,or criminal boards.

As a Side note ,if forensics were going to cease your PC they would have up front. You make no sence.

jonnu

This has nothing to do with landlord/tenant law ,repost in computers , or civil ,or criminal boards.

As a Side note ,if forensics were going to cease your PC they would have up front. You make no sence.
Thank you and sorry for posting in wrong forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">