• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tickets help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xtremal

I dont know about the radar it only says stalker dual but i dont know what kind that is. And i am still waiting on the letter for a court date and i guess after i go to court i will let you know what happened

davidmcbeth3

I dont know about the radar it only says stalker dual but i dont know what kind that is. And i am still waiting on the letter for a court date and i guess after i go to court i will let you know what happened
Are you on drugs? Your postings make you look like you are.

Leadfootchick

A. You are reckless. Theres no reason you should ever drive that fast except for emergencies and even then you can still get a ticket. I'm honestly surprised he didn't arrest you.

B. Hopefully, you get this before the court date, but if not, maybe it can help others.

C. Do a bit of research to see if your state has a "prayer for judgement" or "prayer of judgement" plea. If you have never been found guilty of your charge, then you simply ask the judge for a "prayer for judgement". Without having prior conviction of the current charge, the judge should accept the plea. Upon his acceptance, the charges with be dropped and will not go on your record. Although, you will have to pay court fees, you will not gave to pay the ticket and your insurance will not go up. Saving you money in the long run and keeping your record clean. But you really need to think about wether you want to use it for this ticket or a future one, because once you use it you will not be able to use it for the same offense.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
A. You are reckless. Theres no reason you should ever drive that fast except for emergencies and even then you can still get a ticket. I'm honestly surprised he didn't arrest you.
And what do you know about this New York law?

C. Do a bit of research to see if your state has a "prayer for judgement" or "prayer of judgement" plea. If you have never been found guilty of your charge, then you simply ask the judge for a "prayer for judgement"...
There is no such thing in New York. Stop speculating. If you don't know anything about New York traffic laws then there is no sense commenting.

xtremal

I received a letter from the court today. Here's what it says

At this time you are scheduled for a pre trial conference in which you will be able to speak with our town prosecutor to ascertain if mitigating circumstances exist regarding your charges.
The prosecutor may recommend an alternate disposition in the case or under certain circumstances, traffic school or trial. After meeting with the town prosecutor you will then go before the judge for sentencing. Fines are due at this time.
*No adjournments will be granted*. Failure to appear at the date and time shown above will result in the suspension of your driver's license at which time a bail posting may be required.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Okay there you go. If you don't accept the plea deal you can go to trial.

Do you have any specific questions about what the letter says??

xtremal

Okay there you go. If you don't accept the plea deal you can go to trial.

Do you have any specific questions about what the letter says??
Well I don't know.. I mean i've never been to a pre trial before so if you could like tell me like what happens there.. do i just go and he offers me a deal? And if I don't accept and go to trial and then lose what happens, do i just pay the full cost of the tickets and get all the points on my license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">