• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iiabdfi

What is the name of your state? VA

My boyfriend went to court for his appealof a DUI conviction. The judge told his atty, after hearing 4 witnesses, that none of the witnesses needed to come back, but she was not ready to make a ruling. The issue at hand is time. He was involved in an accident to which I was the only witness. I have no idea what time it happened as we were both injured and looking at the clock was not my first priority.

The ticket he was issued did not have a time on it, although there was a space for it to be denoted. He did not receive the ticket until the next day, although it was placed in his belongings at the hospital. The judge said she has no way of knowing when the accident took place, or when the ticket was issued (before or after BA testing, drugs were administered, etc) and they will need to reconvene after she looks into the law about this issue.

Does anyone know?

Basically, the judge wants to figure out a way to get the DUI conviction. DUI is one of the hottest offenses from a political standpoint out there right now. The judge wants a conviction and she wants her name on it.

iiabdfi

Does anyone know WHAT?
Sorry.

I was asking if anyone knows if the ticket would be considered invalid without the time.

The judge seemed to be leaning towards throwing the entire thing out. She wasn't very "nice" to the policemen that testified. She is making her decision March 2.

BelizeBreeze

Sorry.

I was asking if anyone knows if the ticket would be considered invalid without the time.
No
The judge seemed to be leaning towards throwing the entire thing out. She wasn't very "nice" to the policemen that testified. She is making her decision March 2.
Then wait for the decision. no one here can tell you what she will decide or if she will figure it out.

iiabdfi

No

Then wait for the decision. no one here can tell you what she will decide or if she will figure it out.
I wasn't asking for a mindreader. This is a "advice" site, so I figured someone with a legal background may have an idea what her train of thought is.....

Obviously, we're waiting for her decision.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">