• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To asil8170

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wileybunch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wherever asil8170 is

asil8170, I don't think you can see it because I think maybe you have it in your head dad is the bad guy therefore you are the good guy, but hear me out .... I have just read this entire thread through in one sitting and what I keep reading from you are EMOTIONAL arguments on a black/white legal issue. Further, one thing you don't seem to understand is that YOU and THE KIDS aren't the only ones with lives. You make it sound like Dad purposely trapped everyone into this schedule conflict so he could "get away" with only taking 1 of 2 weeks this summer, never seeming to consider that Dad has a life, too, and maybe can't change his summer vacation plans with work or whatnot.

You were offered advice earlier, someone even worded the email, for the offer to Dad. If you would please hear me out, if you will switch the time, I will give you additional time ... etc. YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY IT.

I'm pretty sad for your kids that you put them in this situation. Yes, I know, YOU didn't tell them of the trip, they just know because everyone knows, but your attitude displayed here when you know we are judging you for it and you still come off as you do make it clear you have put your kids in the middle by what you have and have not done. So, I'll say it again. I feel really sad for the kids. They are only hearing and absorbing YOUR side of Dad's motives and intentions. How would you like it if Dad filled their heads with what he thinks of you and your motives and intentions? That's just coloring outside of the lines and you have no right to use home court advantage that way.

Of course the kids would have fun on the fishing trip. That is why you were supposed to put your money where your mouth is and offer something above and beyond to Dad so you could get your way with that! But you did not. So therefore I rest my case of who is really the problem here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dad has a life, too, and maybe can't change his summer vacation plans with work or whatnot.
Exactly. I have to request my vacation time no later than January 30 - and if it's approved, it is cast in stone. Not everyone has the luxury of waiting until other plans are made/communicated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Truthfully I thought she was a major part of the problem when I posted to begin with. Then I had court and didn't get back until now. Dad gets his time. he had to INFORM her. She doesnt' have to agree. End of story. If the children are disappointed then that is because SHE did not handle it properly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">