• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To HoyaLawyaChick..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grishid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Since you state your an attorney i would like to ask you some questions.
All i need is an accurate explanation and answers from your expereience and knowledge.

I was arrested and booked for 148pc. I will state only what was said on the police report not that what actually happened.

Officer stated since I had dry lips, i was talking fast and was nervous as a result of that he believed i might be under the influence of a controlled substance as a passenger of a vehicle. He order me out of the vehicle, to conduct investigation according to him. I complied. He conducted a pat search with negative sesult; however, I did not consent to any searches on my person nor did I had any baggy pants or any bulges that would give officer reasonable suspecion that i might have any weapons.

Officer than asked me to sit on the curb. I complied. Officer, then grabbed my wrist which appeared he was checking my pulse. I did not know what the officer's motive was nor did I know what he was trying to do. All he said was he was conducting an investigation since he blelived I might be under the influence of a ontrolled substance. I then asked the officer, is this a test that you are conducting he said it is an investigation.

Officer order me close my eyes, I refused to close my eyes. Officer then again asked me to close my eyes and again I refused since I did not know what he was doing and I did not trust the officers moive. Officer then said "if you do not close your eyes, I will arrest you". I still did not close my eyes.

Officer than grabbed both of my hands and handcuffed me put me in the back seat of his patrol car and trasported me to police station where I was booked, cited me charging with 148(a)(1)PC Resisting, Obstructing, Delaying a police officer. and release on OR after an hour later.

I want you to explain if this was a lawfull or unlawfull arrest. Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Hoyalawyachick and all other responders are strongly advised to check the posting history before answering.

ERAUPIKE

All i need is an accurate explanation and answers from your expereience and knowledge.

I was arrested and booked for 148pc. I will state only what was said on the police report not that what actually happened.

Officer stated since I had dry lips, i was talking fast and was nervous as a result of that he believed i might be under the influence of a controlled substance as a passenger of a vehicle. He order me out of the vehicle, to conduct investigation according to him. I complied. He conducted a pat search with negative sesult; however, I did not consent to any searches on my person nor did I had any baggy pants or any bulges that would give officer reasonable suspecion that i might have any weapons.

Officer than asked me to sit on the curb. I complied. Officer, then grabbed my wrist which appeared he was checking my pulse. I did not know what the officer's motive was nor did I know what he was trying to do. All he said was he was conducting an investigation since he blelived I might be under the influence of a ontrolled substance. I then asked the officer, is this a test that you are conducting he said it is an investigation.

Officer order me close my eyes, I refused to close my eyes. Officer then again asked me to close my eyes and again I refused since I did not know what he was doing and I did not trust the officers moive. Officer then said "if you do not close your eyes, I will arrest you". I still did not close my eyes.

Officer than grabbed both of my hands and handcuffed me put me in the back seat of his patrol car and trasported me to police station where I was booked, cited me charging with 148(a)(1)PC Resisting, Obstructing, Delaying a police officer. and release on OR after an hour later.

When did you get a copy of the police report Greg?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You gave your name in at least two prior posts. Did you think we wouldn't notice?

CourtClerk

Chicky... isn't a CA attorney

justalayman

I do understand she has been vetted though. I would presume as a VA licensed attorney.

Hoya saxa!!! Go Georgetown!!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willlyjo

Hoyalawyachick and all other responders are strongly advised to check the posting history before answering.
Okay...I checked the Op's posting history. So should Greg's posting history preclude him from getting an answer to his question? I don't think so.

The bottom line is you and Propersina should just stay out of a thread unless you have something constructive to say. In this case, you don't so why even bother to post?

Proserpina

Okay...I checked the Op's posting history. So should Greg's posting history preclude him from getting an answer to his question? I don't think so.

You evidently don't understand why a poster's history can be relevant, or why it is often suggested that the reader do a quick check.

The bottom line is you and Propersina should just stay out of a thread unless you have something constructive to say. In this case, you don't so why even bother to post?

You don't get to make that decision. :cool:

W

Willlyjo

I do understand she has been vetted though. I would presume as a VA licensed attorney.

Hoya saxa!!! Go Georgetown!!

I did find a definition that seems appropriate though considering Hoyalawchick's attitude so far:

Urban Dictionary: hoya saxa
Would it be ignorant of me to assume that because Hoya is an attorney and most procedures concerning arrests are universal in the United States, that maybe she could intelligently point the Op in the right direction concerning his concerns?

Also you post spews with arrogance. Like just because Hoya has a great education at a college that is "not as annoying as Duke" doesn't mean she isn't highly educated.

My guess is she can probably post in this forum with as much intelligence as anyone. Since basically, it is all about researching answers to questions, I'm sure Hoya is even more proficient than you at researching to post accurate responses (my opinion).

W

Willlyjo

You evidently don't understand why a poster's history can be relevant, or why it is often suggested that the reader do a quick check.

You don't get to make that decision. :cool:
Okay...so help me understand why an Op's posting history should preclude him from an answer to his question.

And I'm not trying to make any decisions here--I'm just baffled as to why you'd even waste your time and post when it wasn't necessary at all.

Silverplum

Okay...so help me understand why an Op's posting history should preclude him from an answer to his question.

And I'm not trying to make any decisions here--I'm just baffled as to why you'd even waste your time and post when it wasn't necessary at all.
You don't need to know what Pro is doing, or why.

You can just take care of what you're doing.

You Are Guilty

Has anyone introduced you to Kettle yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">