• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totally confused!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
Now, in this state, there is NO due process. The state simply takes your state taxes if you owe medical bills. So, they have been taking my refunds for 6 years due to youngest childs illness. Now, last year, they told me that we were paid in full!!!!!!! I was suprised when they took another 110.00 out this year and called them. They stated there was an unpaid 81.00 bill and the rest was administrative fees. Ok, no problem.

Now, while I am on the phone with her, she tells me that she has "found" 2 more bills for me. One bill from 08/30/2000 and one from 02/2001 and they total over 3000.00. Can they still collect on these after 10 years? Isnt there some sort of SOL where they are told that they cannot collect?

BTW, this year I GOT a refund check and if I still owed them money, why didnt they take it? I am so confused about what they are allowed and not allowed to do.

update, the hospitals have their own SOL in this state and the SOL is 7 years and the debt is too old.....they cant do anything. Interesting...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">