• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tothe board administrator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrula lingua

What is the name of your state? ca

Regarding IAAL.

I feel I, and many others, should have helped in the situation.
Many of us, although we wouldn't do what IAAL did, contributed to a silent enjoyment of the chaos (and comedy) he created.

I am sorry I did not try to PM him.
Something went amiss; this is an intelligent and, from many, many of his posts, a caring and helpful person (& atty).

For whatever reasons, he needed help. And he didn't receive it from us.

Please keep in mind - he began posting in the desire to help;
he helped many, unknown people;
he ran amok, and
the community in which he posted did not do much in the way of helping him.

Why are any of us posting here ? To help. And IAAL did help many people.

I only hope any litigation gets resolved with an amicable manner - this man was helping people and he demonstrated, graphically, that he needed help. And we didn't/couldn't provide it.

How ironic.

Shay-Pari'e

HUH? Why should posters help IAAL? There was nothing anyone could do. Who wanted to jump into his wrath?

I enjoyed him to a point, and that is my fault. I am happy to see the mod and owner of this site take him to court.

IAAL is not GOD! IAAL, is obviously pretty dumb if he is in fact a lawyer.

IAAL lost it, and it is not our job on this forum to provide therapy.

garrula lingua

oh ... I thought I read your gushing post to IAAL when you saw him posting on Expert.law...that 'reunion' thing, last week.
I guess it was my mistake.

... I think we should help because we're compassionate people.

Being an atty is being in contention all the time.
I've seen a lot of attys snap.
A lot of my friends, who are fine attys, are having trouble with the idea of arguing for a living as they get older.

He snapped.
Simple and clear. Lots of lawyers snap.
The rate of suicide and addiction is very high in the legal profession.
I wish I had shared a few words with him which may have helped.

IAAL lost it, and it is not our job on this forum to provide therapy
We don't have a 'job' here - we're trying to help people.
It is my job (in life) to help others. I'm not condoning anything; I just wish I had the words/power to help.

Gracie3787

garrula lingua said:
What is the name of your state? ca

Regarding IAAL.

I feel I, and many others, should have helped in the situation.
Many of us, although we wouldn't do what IAAL did, contributed to a silent enjoyment of the chaos (and comedy) he created.I am sorry I did not try to PM him.
I for one, would like to go on record that I NEVER enjoyed IAAL's off the wall, obscene, and abusive posts. Although I did learn alot from the replies he posted that were polite and informative, now those I did enjoy. I never felt like it was my duty to "help" him, first because he's a big boy and knows how to act. (do any of us believe that he ever acted that way in court?) , and second- sending him a PM would only make him angrier. You have to remember that at one time IAAL told me to go "fuk" myself. I certainly NEVER posted anything that would warrant a response like that from ANYONE. As many other's have done, I simply did not acknowledge his presense on the forums.
Gracie

The Occultist

IAAL knew what he was talking about, and I think it is evident that he did snap. His earlier posts are far different from the more recent ones. I gotta say I didn't stop paying attention to him until he started insulting Carl (go Carl for the mature way you handled it too!!)

Gree Da

I could not be happier that IAAL is finally getting his. Here is a guy that could not be told "NO", kind of like a spoiled brat. Interesting that he continued to harrass the sight where he wasn't wanted, but brags that he has 26 years experience as a lawyer, excuse me, as a wealthy lawyer! Did not like anyone that lives below the Mason-Dixon line, and was very abusive to anyone that lived in the southern states. A famous remark of his was, "I am not going to waste my time on you!", yet wasted so much time on putting so many people down with his abuse. Congratulations to Mary and others! Go get him! A good lesson is about to be learned. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">