• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing company damaged my vehicle - MA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

What does attorney general consumer protection have to do with this case?

If it was me I would get 3 repair estimates call the tow company and ask them to pay the shop you pick to fix it. If they don’t do that then file a small claim which in Massachusetts is capped at 7k. You don’t need an attorney to do this. They generally will pay you what could be a pro rata amount but they did the damage and you can prove it in court then you are good.

I have successfully done this several times but your your mileage could vary.
good luck with it
Did you successfully do it in Massachusetts where OP is? Mass_Shyster is a Massachusetts Attorney vetted by this site.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What does attorney general consumer protection have to do with this case?

If it was me I would get 3 repair estimates call the tow company and ask them to pay the shop you pick to fix it. If they don’t do that then file a small claim which in Massachusetts is capped at 7k. You don’t need an attorney to do this. They generally will pay you what could be a pro rata amount but they did the damage and you can prove it in court then you are good.

I have successfully done this several times but your your mileage could vary.
good luck with it
Um... How about you look it up.

MA law is quirky.

Redemptionman1

Another tacit admission that you just make things up as you go.

You are two for two on this one. 15 long years you have been on this board non stop, probably everyday with the same shark avatar. How you spend your time is up to you but poor ole JETX passed away posting on this very forum. At least his posts where cognoscente of peoples tribulations. You think you could either be respectful or actual read something that you post and make it coherent instead of always attacking being FIFO on every thread you can quickly reply to must get old at some point in time?

None of my business though, I kind of think you are funny hence why I quote you in signature line.

quincy

... 15 long years you have been on this board non stop, probably everyday with the same shark avatar. How you spend your time is up to you but poor ole JETX passed away posting on this very forum. At least his posts where cognoscente of peoples tribulations. You think you could either be respectful or actual read something that you post and make it coherent instead of always attacking being FIFO on every thread you can quickly reply to must get old at some point in time?

None of my business though, I kind of think you are funny hence why I quote you in signature line.
The avatars are new to senior members as of 2018. Zigner actually took the shark picture himself.

Here are links to the Massachusetts Consumer Protection law (Chapter 93a):

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/parti/titlexv/chapter93a

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/the-massachusetts-consumer-protection-law

Redemptionman1

The avatars are new to senior members as of 2018. Zigner actually took the shark picture himself.

Here are links to the Massachusetts Consumer Protection law (Chapter 93a):

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/parti/titlexv/chapter93a

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/the-massachusetts-consumer-protection-law

Next you'll tell me that you all joined with the new boards. That same avatar has been with @Zigner since they first came to the board. I read the chapter crap and it allows 2-3 times damages but I am not sure if the OP is wanting to retain an attorney to go that route? I believe he is more in line with getting his damages recovered. IMHO the courts are loaded with frivolous crap cases which clog up the courts. From people falling in a movie theater to claiming harassment from dollar store employees. There are some real winners out there. Frivolous cases make it more difficult for actual accident victims to recover compensatory and punitive damages.

I have been able to recover monies from a similar case where a product damaged my vehicle and I reviewed the exact same money had I handled it myself. The OP is interested in getting his money back not being enriched via a lengthy tort action based upon what he posted. The most effective route to do that would be via small claims court or his own insurance which is what he is doing. The tow company if they damaged his vehicle in transit will be liable for the damages. As far as the spelling of cognizant that is how this forums spell checker formated it and/ or how the app spelled it.

Last edited:

quincy

We did not have avatars on this forum until 2018. Forum changes and the avatars are discussed in a thread in the Technical section of the forum.

Mass_Shyster is an attorney in Massachusetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">