• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TPR and the ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KidzMom

What is the name of your state? NC

Found out that THEY (the ex and his wife) are willing to TPR to OUR child. ***never knew the wife had any say so but they even took me to court so she could share his supervised visits that he never took lol***

I know that visitation and support are two different issues and I know that there has been cases where the parent with no rights still had to pay support. Anyone have any experience with this?

I was thinking of asking for him to pay support untill someone adopts my son. Do you think a judge would go for that?

Thanks for your time and/or your advice....

Michelle McManes

proud_parent

Would you please provide additional detail for those advisors who do not want to search your previous posting history?

Did you approach your ex to suggest a voluntary TPR? Did he approach you? Have you filed or threatened to file for an involuntary TPR, and is this his response? What grounds have you to believe that a termination of parental rights is indicated?

mommyof4

Until you break your pattern of extremely evasive posts, I'm not going to answer. Post all relevant information in one thread. I even went back and read your other threads. From what I can tell, you haven't even had the order for more than 6 months.

Isis1

Until you break your pattern of extremely evasive posts, I'm not going to answer. Post all relevant information in one thread. I even went back and read your other threads. From what I can tell, you haven't even had the order for more than 6 months.
pfftt...you managed to get that far? i stopped reading halfway through her posts.

penelope10

I kept figuring that eventually she would at least have one flippin' thread with some sort of information. That's what I get for persistence.:rolleyes:
Rats, I thought this was a dental advice site, not a legal advice site. You mean we shouldn't have to pull teeth to get info?:p

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">