• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trailer park landlord letter says to replace roof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jondo4600

I own my trailer it is fully paid off
I rent only the land

the landlord sent me a letter saying to replace the roof
I inspected my roof

I have no leaks
I can walk on the roof it is sturdy
I am missing 4 shingles

do i have to replace the entire roof?
this would be a full tooth replacement for 4 cavities see my point?
what do i do ?
i am in the state of virgina

LdiJ

I own my trailer it is fully paid off
I rent only the land

the landlord sent me a letter saying to replace the roof
I inspected my roof

I have no leaks
I can walk on the roof it is sturdy
I am missing 4 shingles

do i have to replace the entire roof?
this would be a full tooth replacement for 4 cavities see my point?
what do i do ?
i am in the state of virgina
You would first want to read your lease to determine whether or not the landlord has the right to demand that you replace your roof.

Landlords are usually in charge of maintaining the building's structural components, which includes the roof. However, accountability may change if the harm results from tenant carelessness or deliberate behavior. If there are no leaks and the roof's general integrity is unaffected, replacing the four missing shingles in your case might not be necessary.

quincy

Landlords are usually in charge of maintaining the building's structural components, which includes the roof. However, accountability may change if the harm results from tenant carelessness or deliberate behavior. If there are no leaks and the roof's general integrity is unaffected, replacing the four missing shingles in your case might not be necessary.
Jondo owns the trailer. Not the landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">