• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferred money to wrong account.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My fiancee transferred $500 to the wrong account a few minutes ago.

Let me start at the beginning. Last summer we hired the husband of one of her friends to build our deck. While we were on vacation we had to transfer money into his account for supplies. After the deck was completed my fiancee had a bitter falling out with the friend. About a half an hour ago she went to transfer money from savings into checking and accidently transfered it into their account that is still showing as a transfer option on our online banking. Both accounts are with the same bank. The bank is now closed for the day, but we plan on calling first thing in the morning. My question is how difficult will it be to get the money back? If they withdraw or spend it, what are our legal options? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">