• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transportation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

l_x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Some of you may already know I have a 6 year old (he just turned 6 in Jan :D)

The court order states that I am to provide transportation for my child. The mother has asked me if I could watch our child on president's day since our child doesnt have school and she works so no one will watch our child. Since I have it off, I agree to watch him but I ask her to drop him off for me on sunday night. She refuse and said the court order states that I am to provide transportation. She says that I am not co-parenting and talking about comtempt of me not wanting to provide transportation.

Another question also, I am in the military and will be going to a military school (require for my job) for about 2 months out of state. She says since I will not be seeing our child, she wants to take it to court and modify my time share to 0%. I offered to give her more money since I won't be able to watch our child on my visitation schedule. If we go and change it through the court, we will also have to go back and re-modify after I am back. Can she do this since I will only be gone for 2 months?

CJane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Some of you may already know I have a 6 year old (he just turned 6 in Jan :D)

The court order states that I am to provide transportation for my child. The mother has asked me if I could watch our child on president's day since our child doesnt have school and she works so no one will watch our child. Since I have it off, I agree to watch him but I ask her to drop him off for me on sunday night. She refuse and said the court order states that I am to provide transportation. She says that I am not co-parenting and talking about comtempt of me not wanting to provide transportation.
Well, you can always tell her that while you'd love to have the child for the extra time, you cannot provide transportation that day.

Then it's up to her what she does. But don't be ticked when she decides to leave kiddo with the neighbor instead.

Another question also, I am in the military and will be going to a military school (require for my job) for about 2 months out of state. She says since I will not be seeing our child, she wants to take it to court and modify my time share to 0%. I offered to give her more money since I won't be able to watch our child on my visitation schedule. If we go and change it through the court, we will also have to go back and re-modify after I am back. Can she do this since I will only be gone for 2 months?
No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">