• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree over the property line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Depending on the type of tree, you might offset some of the cost if you are able to sell it for firewood. If you cut and split yourself about $500 per full chord in my area.
We were able to get a discount on the cost of a tree removal by giving the tree service the wood to sell.

The cost of a face cord and a cord of wood depends on both the type of wood and the source (e.g., landscapers often charge most), but we can generally find in my area a face cord of oak for under $100 and a full cord for less than $300. A lot of farmers cut and sell.

quincy

Cut to length and split. Unseasoned (if an ash tree you can burn unseasoned) and undelivered. What are you prepared to pay?
That ^^^ is really the question. A cold winter and an empty wood-burning stove can make any price seem more reasonable. Haha.

Bali Hai Again

That ^^^ is really the question. A cold winter and an empty wood-burning stove can make any price seem more reasonable. Haha.
We have many state parks (and other) with campers in my area. $10 for a plastic wrapped bundle of firewood in stores or along the roadside and you could carry four of them in your arms with no trouble at all.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Cut to length and split. Unseasoned (if an ash tree you can burn unseasoned) and undelivered. What are you prepared to pay?
LOL Depends on where in NY you are. But given I have plenty of trees available? Not much.

Right now in NJ? I can get a full cord of seasoned oak, delivered and stacked for <$300.

Bali Hai Again

LOL Depends on where in NY you are. But given I have plenty of trees available? Not much.

Right now in NJ? I can get a full cord of seasoned oak, delivered and stacked for <$300.
That is an attractive price. You must reside in the Hammonton area near the Blackhorse Pike?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">