• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trees on Property Boundary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nicolas Mata

I had sixty-four arborvitae trees planted along the border of my property last year. This year, the new owner of the property that shares the boundary along which the trees were planted told me that those trees are on his property and wanted them removed and replanted three feet from the boundary. Do I have a legal right to refuse?

The new owner had a new survey done. As a result of the survey, a new pin lies side by side with a tree trunk along the boundary in such a way that perhaps an inch protrudes
outward from the edge of the pin to his property. Under this condition, would that particular tree be legally defined as being on his property?

[Edited by Nicolas Mata on 11-25-2000 at 09:27 PM]

HomeGuru

Only if the trees are planted on your property. Where is the survey and where is the legal property boundary line? The new owner may have gotten a recent survey as a condition to closing, which shows that your trees are on his property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">