• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trial by ambush once again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wisconsin

So I went to a hearing that i had been sent correspondence for that it was a status conference. I had requested a de novo hearing previously. Went i was in said hearing the judge swore the petitioner in and began taking testimony. Then the judge swore me in and started asking questions pertaining to the de novo hearing. I said
"your honor the correspondence I recieved said this was a staus conference and so I did little to prepare as far as I have tons of documented evidence, I have not recieved the transcripts from the last hearing and my witness's are not present, i believed because of the correspondence this was a status conference" he said "why i am not a lawyer" and continued asking questions. needless to say i was thumped and they held the denovo hearing under the guise of a staus conference thus screwing me, because i had no evidence filed nor witness's present, once again because the only notification i got was for a status conference. If I send the judge the copy of the letter of status conference could i possibly get yet another hearing? was this even truly a legally binding hearing when they send the wrong correspondence?
Or now do i gotta go to the appelate court with all the fancy color cordinated briefs? Is improper notification grounds for a re hearing?

gr8rn

In prior postings you were strongly encouraged to seek legal counsel because it was clear you were in over your head.

This is not a weekend project or something whimsical you can try to get it to work. This is your child you are fighting for.

This is serious. You are in over your head, again. Take all your court documents to an attorney for a free consultation to see where you stand and get a recommendation. Ask around or call the local bar association to find an attorney who may take your case for monthly payments. This is what I did long ago, when I realized what I was fighting for.

This is the best advise I can give you at this point.

Proserpina

In prior postings you were strongly encouraged to seek legal counsel because it was clear you were in over your head.

This is not a weekend project or something whimsical you can try to get it to work. This is your child you are fighting for.

This is serious. You are in over your head, again. Take all your court documents to an attorney for a free consultation to see where you stand and get a recommendation. Ask around or call the local bar association to find an attorney who may take your case for monthly payments. This is what I did long ago, when I realized what I was fighting for.

This is the best advise I can give you at this point.

I agree completely - this OP is in way over his head.

Tex78704

...Or now do i gotta go to the appelate court with all the fancy color cordinated briefs? Is improper notification grounds for a re hearing?
If you are in over your head in the lower court and unable to properly manage your case, as it appears here, you have absolutely no chance at the appellate court level.

Just Blue

Please stop posting a new thread for every question. Do NOT make the volunteers of this forum looking up your posting Hx.

One thread with all issues involving child custody.

For the VOLUNTEERS: Posting HX is a must. There are 4 threads going.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">