• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trip to Cancun is on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanetD44

What is the name of your state? NY
My husband has joint custody of his two sons but they live with their mother. We planned a trip to Cancun and the mother of his children refused to sign the consent form. The custody papers do not stipulate where vacation can or cannot be taken. My husband petitioned the court for violation of his parental visititation rights. The judge asked her if she will consent or object to the trip. She objected. The judge said she has no say in where the kids can or cannot go on vacation with their father. He ordered her to sign all forms related to the trip including passports. So for anyone who says that the cp has the right to say where a vacation can take place is wrong. NCP go to court and get your parental rights. NCP have rights too. Cancun here we come

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No one has said that a CP can dictate where the kids can or cannot go. Nor can the NCP. There are procedures to follow - as Dad did in this situation - should there be a disagreement. But be aware that this does not give him carte blanche for future trips.

nextwife

Great news. Have fun.

Hubby and I took our kiddo to Cancun - she loved eating the fresh Cevitch in a marketplace restaurant. We also hired a van and went to toured the Chichen Itza site. She and I climbed the pyramid together. Visiting other cultures and historic sites is a great experience for kids.

Rushia

stealth2 said:
No one has said that a CP can dictate where the kids can or cannot go. Nor can the NCP. There are procedures to follow - as Dad did in this situation - should there be a disagreement. But be aware that this does not give him carte blanche for future trips.
I just reviewed that particular thread and that's all she was told. If mom won't sign the forms, go to court. I noticed that she was told that it had more to do with government rules on taking the children out of the US rather than a CP saying that her hubby couldn't.

I don't know why OP bothered as she has a tendancy to post a question and not come back.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Rushia said:
I just reviewed that particular thread and that's all she was told. If mom won't sign the forms, go to court. I noticed that she was told that it had more to do with government rules on taking the children out of the US rather than a CP saying that her hubby couldn't.
Yeah, I just went back and reread. Okay, so OP is stupid and has comprehension problems. What else is new?

JanetD44

The mother of the children refused to sign the consent because she did not want the kids to go on vacation to cancun with us. She is jealous. That is why my husband took her to court. Now he has a court order stating that he is allowed to take the kids out of the country for his vacations

JanetD44

Poor Stealth2 thinks I am stupid and cannot comprehend. You think you know everything. I guess people with poor self esteem has yo degrade others to make themselves feel good. BOO Hoo

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
JanetD44 said:
Poor Stealth2 thinks I am stupid and cannot comprehend. You think you know everything. I guess people with poor self esteem has yo degrade others to make themselves feel good. BOO Hoo
And there ya go, Beebs. :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

JanetD44 said:
The mother of the children refused to sign the consent because she did not want the kids to go on vacation to cancun with us. She is jealous. That is why my husband took her to court. Now he has a court order stating that he is allowed to take the kids out of the country for his vacations
and if you had done a 5 second search on this site you would have know this is possible without posting ....that's why the programmers of this site developed a search function.:rolleyes:

Rushia

JanetD44 said:
Yippee for him. That what the other posters told your hubby to do. Your little thread here of "I told you so" means nothing should any person check your posting history. I took me 2 seconds flat to read that other thread of yours. You were told what to do, I didn't notice any person on that thread telling you that mom could tell you no. The closest it came was that the judge may be reluctant to make her sign cause it was a trip out of the US. Grow up lady.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
BelizeBreeze said:
and if you had done a 5 second search on this site you would have know this is possible without posting ....that's why the programmers of this site developed a search function.:rolleyes:
Beebs - it's the same thing she was told when she first asked the question. Dunno why she thinks it's all a revelation to us. :rolleyes:

JanetD44

Stealth2 I went back to see what you wrote in the previous thread. I guess you do not know everything. Passports are not needed until Dec 2006. A birth certificate is sufficient for now. If you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Then DO not read my posts in the future

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
JanetD44 said:
Stealth2 I went back to see what you wrote in the previous thread. I guess you do not know everything. Passports are not needed until Dec 2006. A birth certificate is sufficient for now. If you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Then DO not read my posts in the future
And I was corrected at the time. However, in most instances you either need to show that the other parent consents OR a court order. Which Dad now has. So what's your problem?

As for not posting or reading your posts? Sorry, sweetpea - it's a public board. You'll get replies whether you like it or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">