• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trouble with executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jubybean

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was just wondering what the answer would be to this situation. My husband's sister is the executor for their dad's will. Which was fine at the beginning. She was told to stay in the house until the auction was done. And that was this past October. As far as we know, there was nothing said about her staying in the house after they auction. She and her husband already have a house and they don't need to be staying there. The house that they are living in is rented. Shouldn't they be paying rent in their dad's house while they are living there? That is not their legal house. They are also keeping things in the house that should have been sold at the auction. I was just wondering what the state of Indiana says about the situation of them living in the house "scott free" when they already have a house of their own to live in. Plus his other sister and her husband live right next door to their dad's house and they can very easily keep an eye on the property daily. Also,"Carla" called my husband and told him that because that she has to be court supervised,she can't sell the house now or disperse any money at least for a year. I was wondering how true that was also. His OTHER sister hired another attorney and was able to get her court supervised. This is a very long drawn out situation. Please answer as much of this as you can.

Thanks,
Judy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">