• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trumped up Deadly Conduct charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmosMoses

justadick,

You aggravate me.

You keep throwing out these comments like "Rest assured next time somebody is about to kill themself in front of me I will do nothing remotely close to stopping them" and "I guess the short and skinny of it is if I'd just punched her in the face and taken the rifle away I'd be fine, right?" as some sort of way to try to justify that YOU shot seven holes in the roof of an occupied dwelling in a relatively densely populated area with a high-powered rifle (cheap piece of crap useless excuse for a weapon, but high-powered nonetheless). That's your way of saying that you were somehow forced to take this drastic and totally stupid action of blowing a bunch of holes in the roof like some drunken, moronic redneck. Personally, what I would have done was taken back possession of my weapon immediately, plain and simple. IF a shot would have been fired it would have been not only by complete "accident", but also in spite of every thing that I could have done to prevent it. I mean, here you are saying, and I quote: "I made sure the barrel was straight up (one story house) and hit the trigger." You supposedly had enough control over the weapon to "make sure the barrel was straight up" while you ripped off seven rounds, yet you were either too stupid or too much of a wuss to jerk the thing out of her hand??!! If I was governor of Texas, I would give you five minutes to pack up your little lacy panties and your make-up case, and I would kick your a$$ out, forever barred from the land where men are men and you are, well, justadick, and one heckuva prissy one at that!

Now, go forth and sin no more....and if by some chance there is justice in this world and you DO get run off from Texas, head north about 1200 miles and hang a hard right, then go until you hit the eastern seaboard...we don't want you here in Louisiana, either.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
AmosMoses said:
Now, go forth and sin no more....and if by some chance there is justice in this world and you DO get run off from Texas, head north about 1200 miles and hang a hard right, then go until you hit the eastern seaboard...we don't want you here in Louisiana, either.
What makes you think we want him up here?

AmosMoses

My apologies....I wasn't thinking, nor was I being very considerate. One man's pain-in-the-a$$ moron is the EXACT same thing to another man!! Maybe we can send him to France....he oughtta fit right in there!

zippysgoddess

Come on guys, give the OP some credit, he did provide us with those highly amusing sound effects, I mean none of us would have had a clue what he was talking about without them.

outonbail

and let us not forget the value of adding another gun guru’s colloquialism to the vocabulary

Soviet BOOM stick
I can’t wait to toss that phrase around at the range,,,,,

Hey men, did I tell you that I added another one to the collection?

Oh yeah, a real beauty,,,,, the K-mart catalog lists it as the “SKS, 30rd, bayonet...pretty nasty” gun for fun and sport.
But anyone who’s ever looked down the business end of one of these hand crafted marvels calls them by their field name, “The Soviet BOOM stick!” Yes, that’s right, with a capital B.O.O.M, pronounced BOOM! No, no not broom, there’s no “R” it’s BOOM!
Well yes, I can understand how you can confuse broom stick with BOOM stick, but trust me, you could buy three, maybe four broom sticks for the cost of one of these BOOM sticks,,,,, well,, you can if their not on sale anyway,,, Hey, that’s no $hit, I don’t kid around when it comes to the “Soviet BOOM stick!” Oh yeah, I almost forgot, take a look at this,,,, well you know what that is? No, not exactly, that's a good guess though, because it may look like a knife, but this here's a bayonet! That's right a bayonet, how many times have you wished you had one of them handy huh?

CdwJava

justadude said:
Soviet issue 7.62 hollow point tumblers left elongated dents in the 45 degree inclined plywood. The drywall set them tumbling and they apparently hit the plywood sideways. That's trivial though.
Interesting ... the one used to shoot at the CHP here a few years back went through a cinder-block wall AND a kevlar vest when we test-fired it after the incident.

Had you been a little more cooperative with the cops when they arrived, you may not be in this predicament.

What did you do or say to them when they arrived that pissed them off so much?

And, yeah, that lawyer's site has some real great advice ... for a suspect. If you were a victim as you alleged, then you should have said something. Since you apparently kept your trap shut, what were the police supposed to think? 7 holes in the ceiling ... screaming girlfriend ... neighbors calling 9-1-1 ... uncooperative twit in the yard with a rifle ... YOU do the math!

Since you and your girlfriend apparently left them with no story, they could just go on what they saw. And this was apparently enough to support the charges made. And they will get testimony out of your girlfriend ... when she gets subpoeanaed, she will either talk or she will go to jail. As a witness she does not have a right to remain silent. She can be directed to answer questions or face jail time.

Good luck. You'll need it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">