• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust Fund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

My mother left her co-op to five grandchildren. I am the executor of the estate. In her will she stated that she did not want me to have to post bond nor the money be put into a trust account. The court ruled against her wishes and I did have to post bond which I did and the money did have to be put into a trust account until they turn 21. One of the children turns 21 next in a few months. When he reaches that age, how to I get the money out of the fund. Do I just write out a check? I don't know how this works.

tranquility

Generally, you would just write a check. However, since the genesis is a court order, make sure the court does not require some reporting on anything you do.

Dandy Don

If the money is being held at a bank, they can advise you about this. You may also want to consult an attorney to make sure you are doing everything correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">