• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get money from brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopeforhelp

What is the name of your state? PA

I sold my brother my car back in July of last year. I done up a promissory note when he purchased it and he signed it. He wanted the payments to be $400.00 a month. I left him decide the amount. I received $200. a month in Aug and Sept. Oct. I did receive $400. because he received his income tax (he got audited) I received nothing until Feb. of this year and that was $400 because he got his taxes for 2002. He still owed me $400. Well needless to say we ended up getting into an arguement and he refused to pay me. So I went and filed a claim. Yesterday was our hearing and the judge said he had 5 day's to rule, he would let us know. My brother tried to claim that he paid the $400 in cash, $200 in two seperate occasions. His person that he is with claims she was there when the transactions took place. Needless to say it was all a bold face lie. She is not permitted on our property. I read off the date's for payments to the judge and he seen that I had a handful of papers and also when I filed he knew I had a Note, I also told the judge that I had a letter from our mother (stating that he never pays what he owes people) It got pretty hot in the courtroom, I didn't say much, they where the ones doing most of the talking and she was yelling at me a few times. I just sat and shook my head. The only thing that I really said after my first part was....that isn't true. I am wondering what the outcome maybe and the fact that the judge didn't ask to see any of my paper work and that he didn't rule today, what might happen? My brother brought nothing to court, not even canceled checks. That is how he always paid me. I am worried that once again he is going to get away with not paying someone what he owes.

JETX

"I am wondering what the outcome maybe"
*** That one is easy. The court could rule for you, or against you.

"and the fact that the judge didn't ask to see any of my paper work and that he didn't rule today, what might happen?"
*** He will probably rule in the next few days as he already told you. For what the possible results could be, see answer to your first question.

"My brother brought nothing to court, not even canceled checks. That is how he always paid me. I am worried that once again he is going to get away with not paying someone what he owes."
*** That is always a possibility.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of helping you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">